Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 20, 2024, 03:21:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things I couldn't have known
Emotional Blackmail: Fear, Obligation and Guilt (FOG)
Am I the Cause of Borderline Personality Disorder?
Escaping Conflict and the Karpman Drama Triangle
I think it's Borderline Personality Disorder, but how can I know?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coming to terms that d13 is in RTC still questioning decision  (Read 2626 times)
Cici

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Relationship status: process of divorce still living in same house divorce started 6 months ago

« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2013, 06:26:40 AM »

I'm in Utah, picking up d13 for a home visit, been up since 3am.  Thrilled to see her and have her come home, nervous too. I have a plan for the week, keep it family focused, not too many events, yet keep it planned and organized.  I'm so afraid she will cut.  Then I will feel as if we/have failed.  What would it say if after all this therapy she has done, I've done that simply coming home into her own loving environment would trigger her to cut?   I will be walking on eggshells, not For fear of angry outbursts, she doesn't have them. But for fear she will not find peace enough at home to not want to self harm.  I just want this visit to be spectacularly successful, I know it's unrealistic of me to want that.  I am expecting bumps and will manage those.  I just want them to be bumps and not cliffs.  In home therapist coming on Wednesday, so we have support.  I'll have today alone with her in Utah before we head back east tomorrow.  Looking forward to some down time one on one with her.  I'll be updating.

Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
jellibeans

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child

« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2013, 09:02:49 AM »

Cici

don't put too much pressure on yourself or dd... .  just enjoy being together. I will tell you when my dd came home recently from RTC she cried and cried for the first few days. All the emotions came bubbling to the surface so be prepared for that. She has been through a lot and just wants to share her experience with you. I am so happy for you. Go slow and don't overwhelm her with places to go etc... .  also don't try and buy her a lot of things either... .  just keep things calm and laid back. I hope all goes well... .  I am sure she missed you a great deal... .  
vivekananda

Relationship status: married

« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2013, 06:20:30 PM »

and don't forget validation is your best friend for this 

so happy for you Cici. 

Cheers,

Vivek

ps looking forward to your updates. Don't forget you can use us as a sounding board.
Cici

Relationship status: process of divorce still living in same house divorce started 6 months ago

« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2013, 07:14:14 PM »

Quick update just got home from RTc in Utah for family visit, spent all day with d13 at hotel had a really good day and the evening at home has been smooth.  We are keeping it low key and sticking to the same routine she had at the RTC as much as possible. Tomorrow meeting with in home therapist and planning and cooking family dinner.  This is all good. Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)
qcarolr
Distinguished Member

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: Married to DH since 1976

« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2013, 11:36:05 PM »

Such a good beginning. Praying for a good middle and return.   

qcr

The best criticism of the bad is the practice of the better. (Dom Helder)
vivekananda

Relationship status: married

« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2013, 02:55:30 AM »

Why don't you start a new post with the updates on how it goes with this new phase - a good middle and return... . ? A new start. 

cheers,

Vivek  

Cici

« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2013, 07:41:30 AM »

Good suggestion Vivek  I'll do that, I'll start a new thread.  It's appropriate now.  We are starting a new phase and I'm no longer questioning the decision... . now I'm invested in it.  I'll start one later tonight with an update.

Smiling (click to insert in post)
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest