Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 05:58:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: paranoid?  (Read 388 times)
rarsweet

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: April 13, 2015, 09:49:06 PM »

Someone broke into my moms today and left a stack of my mail, 13 envelopes, post office dated from last Aug 25-Sept 29, in front of her microwave. Totally freaked out. Cops are getting involved. All I can think is my ex. Paranoid?
bravhart1

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 09:54:33 PM »

thats weird. were they opened? important? nothing else moved or taken?

good idea to get police involved. I would keep on them, they tend to not put a lot if time into this type of thing. can you hire a PI to fingerprint envelopes?
rarsweet

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 10:15:53 PM »

Unopened, perfect condition, all medical bills from the birth of my daughter. 9 month old envelopes. My mom said she emptied her change this morning, her pockets, she put 6 pennies right where the envelopes were, she specifically remembers because she was looking for 2 quarters to do laundry after work.
scraps66

Relationship status: Separated 9/2008, living apart since 1/2010

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 04:37:56 AM »

BPs can invoke paranoia in us nons.  In fact my psych eval showed that of me.  My ex NPD/BPD used to open my mail, has checked my mailbox when stopping at my house to pick things up for the kids.  Weird, right? 

who else could this be?  I would make sure the locks are changed, on everything, just for piece of mind.  Beyond that, I've learned to not have the knee jerk reaction to all of my ex's movements, let some things slide, but also do not give her the benefit o the doubt.  About anything and have been proven time and time again that I am correct nearly 100% of the time.  Part of the psychological abuse endured is when discussing this with others, like my girlfriend, or family, that can't fathom what these people do.  Some of it is "unbelieveable" and I frequently hear from my girlfriend, "you're just paranoid."  Though this may be true, it is nearly never without good cause.  It's a mind exercise to control this thinking.     
ogopogodude
^

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 09:45:52 AM »

This is a classic situation that most of us here experience from time to time.  BPD's like to invoke power. They like to suck the energy out of those around them.

Making unannounced (and even covert) arrivals at people's houses is so very typical. At my residence, I have had chairs moved, lawnmower over turned in my backyard, things just taken, and so on.

It is a power thing.  Do not try to understand it.  I equate this behaviour  to dogs pissing on every bush around them to stake their territory. It really is truly bizarre, isn't it?

All the more reason to get a video system set up and running.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest