Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 27, 2024, 04:37:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
How to communicate after a contentious divorce... Following a contentious divorce and custody battle, there are often high emotion and tensions between the parents. Research shows that constant and chronic conflict between the parents negatively impacts the children. The children sense their parents anxiety in their voice, their body language and their parents behavior. Here are some suggestions from Dean Stacer on how to avoid conflict.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: take it or leave it  (Read 359 times)
waitaminute

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: April 16, 2013, 06:39:15 PM »

We've been trading email and IMs for the past 3 weeks. After a 5 month NC. She's very guarded about telling me what she's been up to. I can see the influence of another guy in her life. She's Muslim in Muslim country but she's using a lot of catholic terminology. I know she had a catholic guy friend. I'm glad.

So when she contacted me, the BPD idealization started... .   Just like in the very beginning 4 years ago. I told her I didn't want to return to the hell of last year. I told her I just wanted to write. We had some good "get it off your chest" sessions about the past. She didn't run away. Then she started with the "i love you"s. I just sent hugs. Then today she wanted to know if I was going to apply for a new marriage visa. (I canceled last year). As I was preparing my response, which probably would have included some hopeful words for the future... .   She wanted to know NOW.

Sio I told her... .  no waffling words either. I want to share words, thoughts and feelings with  her. She's a very special person, I said.I said also... .   I'm not her man. She's not my woman. Don't wait for me. I only write. Take it or leave it.

She gave me some saying in her language about not having time to paddle down a drain.

Goodbye.

Ok. If she doesn't value our long distance friendship, there"s no chance that something more can grow.

I'm kinda proud of staying away from "well maybe" phrases.

But she's welcome to write. I hope she does. My best dream is to have tea with her and converse in her language, which Ive been learning. It is golden, compared to the hell of a romantic relationship. I just spent years going through a divorce (a normal and good wife) and then dealing with all the BS of this BPD's boyfriends and partial truths. I need some time to get my life back. Friends? Time will tell.

tuum est61

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Married 10 years. Now divorced

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 12:20:23 AM »

Ok. If she doesn't value our long distance friendship, there"s no chance that something more can grow.

I'm kinda proud of staying away from "well maybe" phrases.

But she's welcome to write. I hope she does.

I think you are handling this quite well though your thoughts seem a little muddled.

She must be very special for you to be continuing to maintain the long distance friendship.  She doesn't seem to want to - instead wants all or nothing.  How long do you think you will need to keep this rather risky tie to someone who has treated you so poorly? 
waitaminute

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 07:36:49 PM »

She *was* very special. After her scorched earth emails today, she will be just a special memory. The reconnection for 3 weeks provided some closure. It's over. I wish her well.
turtle
Retired Staff

Relationship status: I am happily single -- live alone and love it.

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 09:57:53 AM »

She *was* very special. After her scorched earth emails today, she will be just a special memory. The reconnection for 3 weeks provided some closure. It's over. I wish her well.

It never takes very long to remember why NC is best!

turtle

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest