Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 26, 2024, 09:23:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Beware of Junk Psychology... Just because it's on the Internet doesn't mean it's true. Not all blogs and online "life coaches" are reliable, accurate, or healthy for you. Remember, there is no oversight, no competency testing, no registration, and no accountability for many sites - it is up to you to qualify the resource. Learn how to navigate this complicated arena...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Saw him driving around town, I think I handled it well  (Read 800 times)
sosodestroyed

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: April 28, 2013, 10:04:52 PM »

Tomorrow its exactly two weeks ago that I saw future ex for the last time. This last thursday I had a record low in emotions, I have never ever felt this low.

I took the kids out for dinner tonight and all the sudden we see his car passing through the intersection. I know he looked at us... .  I kept a straight face and went on my way!

I can still not understand why he choose to do what he did, leaving our family shattered, broken. Its like a death in the family. One day he is here, the next he is gone, out of our lives, ordered not to contact us again and to stay away from us... .  

I felt strong, and I will be stronger every day!
heyhey

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 12:20:44 AM »

Well done!  I dont know how i would react if i saw my ex.  We live close so its bound to happen eventually.  I too cant understand my ex's actions, they do what they do because they are not well.  Not sure if you two were married, that im sure makes it harder.  Best thing is to focus on yourself and your kids, which im sure is what you are doing.

Hang in there.
Surnia
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: 8 y married, divorced since 2012-11-22

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 01:21:15 AM »

Sosodestroyed

Doing the right thing (click to insert in post) and 

Excerpt
I felt strong, and I will be stronger every day!

Keep going like this!

“Don’t shrink. Don’t puff up. Stand on your sacred ground.”  Brené Brown
sosodestroyed

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 10:50:25 AM »

Married for 12 years, 13 years together. For this man I left my homecountry and family and friends behind, just to get trapped in a intimidating relationship with abuse. In the beginning of April I had to take care of my gravely ill mother back home, to come home and to find out that he had done some lewd valicious acts with my daughter (9). That was it, that was the limit. I called authorities, he got arrested and bailed out. He is staying in our business that we both build up from the ground and I had to beg for my job back that he had told me to quit back in Febr. because I would make more money together with him in our business.

I can not tell you how low I have been in these last two weeks, but if it takes two weeks to quit an addiction to this relationship and to be done with the withdrawl, then I'll take it any day!

I cleaned house, in all aspects... .  and it feels good! I am sure there will be days coming where he will start saying that I am making false statements, but I know better and God is my witness, I do not need other validation anymore... .  other then from God and my therapist who I will see in an hour for the first time!
heyhey

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 07:52:25 PM »

Yes you are better off without him.  I too have hit kind of a low point as well but with time i will crawl my way out.  Its good you are in therapy, that will be a big help.  These type of people can be heartless at times and its hard to get past some of the wrongs they have done, time and no contact will heal though.

Stay strong
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest