Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 29, 2024, 02:52:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Before you can make things better, you have to stop making them worse... Have you considered that being critical, judgmental, or invalidating toward the other parent, no matter what she or he just did will only make matters worse? Someone has to be do something. This means finding the motivation to stop making things worse, learning how to interrupt your own negative responses, body language, facial expressions, voice tone, and learning how to inhibit your urges to do things that you later realize are contributing to the tensions.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: He is like a changeling  (Read 345 times)
Healing4Ever

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: June 23, 2013, 06:41:14 AM »

Each time we have contact, he drives me crazy.

He makes agreements then breaks them.

He makes decisions about moving forward with our house and then lets me know.  Without consulting or negotiating.  (he couldn't negotiate in r/s - why am I expecting it now?)

He says that he's sharing, but refuses to.

The activities that we did together - he is fine with just continuing them together.  Being on a soccer team (7-8 people) each week for a couple hours.  Attending small groups at church together where we share our personal healing.  (I don't THINK so - this is not my idea of feeling safe)

He tells me that my need to not attend the same ongoing groups as him means I'm not well and I need help.  He will 'tolerate" this need of mine for awhile, but I need to get over it.  (by tolerate - this really means criticize me and ask to show up whenever he feels like it, then pout and sulk when I say no b/c we agreed to separate times)

Twice he has undermined my walk with God.  With snide comments insinuating that his walk is superior.

At least all these behaviors are confirmation that I want to reduce him in my life to zero.  But a painful jab as to why I put up with all of it for SOO long.  And why do I keep being surprised when he does it again?

My work:  I see how frustrating it is for me to deal with someone who does not know himself, who accuses me of things that aren't true, who is incapable of negotiating, who says one thing and does another - and I still feel that urge to show him these unloving behaviors.  Which isn't very loving of me.  I am working on not defending myself, but detaching.  I am working on not caring what he thinks, because I can't change it anyways.  These things are SOO hard.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest