Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 27, 2024, 10:18:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What a hypocrite...  (Read 372 times)
Octoberfest

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: June 29, 2013, 12:09:07 PM »

So I was out at a party last night and ran into a girl I had much much earlier this year, back in september when my BPDex and I were about a month in or so... . I didnt remember having met her, but she remembered meeting me and my Ex.  This girl was interested in one of my good friends at the time, and according to her my BPDex told her "<Goodfriend> is such a good guy. Don't hurt him".

My BPDex went and slept with my good friend a day after we had a fight and split for 3 days.

I didn't find out until 2 months later, and even then I heard from her and not him... .

The betrayal I felt and still feel is overwhelming.  He knows what I think of him and he knows he messed up and he feels bad... . But the part that is eating me alive today is that my BPDex would have the nerve to tell someone "not to hurt" someone else, when she was cheating on me as she said it.  And as she continued to cheat on me and date multiple different people throughout our 9 months together... . It's eating me alive today.  The anger, the shame, the regret.

I didn't think of her ONCE last night.  I was having such a good time and there wasn't a care in the world about her, and this morning remembering that I am filled with such sadness and anger... .

Two steps backwards... .

“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Winston Churchill
[/url]
clairedair

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 01:14:36 PM »

Hi Octoberfest,

this is one of the things that drives me to despair - that I can be having a good day/week and then some photo or comment or finding an old e-mail has me spiralling back into the fog, confusion, anger, humiliation... .

As you know, because you replied to my post and it really helped me, I was all over the place this week.  Today, I was climbing back out the mire and have just bumped into the man who was my ex's best man at his recent wedding.  This guy is someone I have known for years because he's my ex's best friend and he has always been very kind to me but I could hardly look at him today.  I kept visualising him dancing at the wedding!  By the way, my point here is not that he's a hypocrite - he is my ex's best friend, not mine - my point is that I was feeling fine and after the encounter just wanted to burst into tears in the middle of the supermarket.

It's something I notice on here - that the people who reply to me with such strength and wisdom can post something the next day to say that they are suffering again.  I think it's just a reflection of what we've been through.  The rollercoaster of emotion doesn't end with the end of the relationship.  But I've also been around here long enough to see that the 'terrible day' posts have longer between them.

I also think that when we read other people's posts, we can be more objective.  We tell them that they deserve better or that they are people of worth and value.  We get angry on their behalf.  Yet we don't seem to always be able to do that for ourselves!

I am sorry that you have had this setback.  As you say... . "two steps back" - hope tomorrow is three steps forward... .

take care

Claire
delusionalxox

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 01:37:44 PM »

Octoberfest your posts have been very inspirational to me lately as I'm in the early stages of a breakup with BPD ex. However I would like to thank you for sharing this.

My own ex's utter and complete hypocrisy is making me ruminate today... . he gave me a lot of high handed moral advice and told me that my depression was due to various things I needed to 'correct in myself'... . etc. Last word to me was to 'find serenity and let go of hate... . ' having really made me want to hate him by using and recycling me for years... .

I think that they are so split and conflicted in themselves, that they despise what they themselves do and feel the need to repudiate it in others. This is the only way I can explain my ex's incredible hypocrisy and high moral stance.

And yes it does hurt and annoy terribly because of the injustice. I find injustice hard to handle generally even when it happens to one of my friends. When it is me and I realise I have really been screwed over I just start to fune as I'm doing today. Even though I let go ex and don't want him back, on one level I want revenge and I have to recognise that in myself ugly as it is.

Thanks for all your posts.

Cocoalover

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 03:22:15 PM »

Octoberfest, I do read your post and they are very well put.

I feel your anger. I always think what most hurt in my relationship with ex was cheating! I would have stayed and accepted anything and would not have taken a word personally if he had not cheated on me continuously. It's not funny to express devastation in a funny way, its hysteria, a few years ago I read someone saying( if he had accounted a £ for every time his ex cheated on him he would have been on a holiday in (Caribbean) acceptance is not just accept what ex done to us, it's accepting ourselves for the way we still feel for them also, not to make it even harder on ourselves. Towards the end of our r/s I realised that he only used the words ( love you) when he would screw someone or about to!

Clearmind
Retired Staff

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2013, 04:43:45 PM »

October, believe or not her cheating was not meant to hurt you. Sex is often used to self soothe and her inner pain/hurt over rode her need to be faithful to you - it wasn't about you at all.

Is there a reason why you are hearing this stuff? Do you want to continue to hear it? Doesn't seem like it is helping you detach.

Octoberfest

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2013, 06:31:42 PM »

Octoberfest your posts have been very inspirational to me lately as I'm in the early stages of a breakup with BPD ex. However I would like to thank you for sharing this.

My own ex's utter and complete hypocrisy is making me ruminate today... . he gave me a lot of high handed moral advice and told me that my depression was due to various things I needed to 'correct in myself'... . etc. Last word to me was to 'find serenity and let go of hate... . ' having really made me want to hate him by using and recycling me for years... .

I think that they are so split and conflicted in themselves, that they despise what they themselves do and feel the need to repudiate it in others. This is the only way I can explain my ex's incredible hypocrisy and high moral stance.

And yes it does hurt and annoy terribly because of the injustice. I find injustice hard to handle generally even when it happens to one of my friends. When it is me and I realise I have really been screwed over I just start to fune as I'm doing today. Even though I let go ex and don't want him back, on one level I want revenge and I have to recognise that in myself ugly as it is.

Thanks for all your posts.

I think it is this... . I have a very strong sense of honor and justice, and everything about her and her actions screams injustice and dishonor.

Hi Octoberfest,

this is one of the things that drives me to despair - that I can be having a good day/week and then some photo or comment or finding an old e-mail has me spiralling back into the fog, confusion, anger, humiliation... .

As you know, because you replied to my post and it really helped me, I was all over the place this week.  Today, I was climbing back out the mire and have just bumped into the man who was my ex's best man at his recent wedding.  This guy is someone I have known for years because he's my ex's best friend and he has always been very kind to me but I could hardly look at him today.  I kept visualising him dancing at the wedding!  By the way, my point here is not that he's a hypocrite - he is my ex's best friend, not mine - my point is that I was feeling fine and after the encounter just wanted to burst into tears in the middle of the supermarket.

It's something I notice on here - that the people who reply to me with such strength and wisdom can post something the next day to say that they are suffering again.  I think it's just a reflection of what we've been through.  The rollercoaster of emotion doesn't end with the end of the relationship.  But I've also been around here long enough to see that the 'terrible day' posts have longer between them.

I also think that when we read other people's posts, we can be more objective.  We tell them that they deserve better or that they are people of worth and value. We get angry on their behalf.  Yet we don't seem to always be able to do that for ourselves!

I am sorry that you have had this setback.  As you say... . "two steps back" - hope tomorrow is three steps forward... .

take care

Claire

I also agree with this... . I haven't really gotten angry at how I was treated.  Just hurt and sad and confused.  It is a step I must get to at some point.

October, believe or not her cheating was not meant to hurt you. Sex is often used to self soothe and her inner pain/hurt over rode her need to be faithful to you - it wasn't about you at all.

Is there a reason why you are hearing this stuff? Do you want to continue to hear it? Doesn't seem like it is helping you detach.

I don't want to hear any of it anymore.  If i never had any reason to think of my BPDex again, it would be a blessing.  I don't want to be reminded of that betrayal and hurt.

Thanks for your words guys.  It is nice to know that I am able to speak to and help at least a few people here

“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Winston Churchill
[/url]
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest