Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
September 28, 2024, 05:23:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
VIDEO: "What is parental alienation?" Parental alienation is when a parent allows a child to participate or hear them degrade the other parent. This is not uncommon in divorces and the children often adjust. In severe cases, however, it can be devastating to the child. This video provides a helpful overview.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Day I Went Sailing  (Read 468 times)
WXYZ

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: July 15, 2013, 07:50:37 PM »

So there I was – me and my partner sailing along in my boat on a summer afternoon without a care in the world. 

It’s a warm day, a gentle breeze and smiles all ‘round.  Yep, good times - life doesn’t get much better than this. 

Little did I realise the events that were about to unfold.

While tending to the sail and rudder, all of sudden, SPLASH – MAN OVERBOARD!  As adrenaline begins coursing

through my veins and I feel heart thumping in my chest I manage to compose myself and initiate a well-rehearsed

rescue procedure. With all my strength I manage to drag her back into the boat. And as I regather my strength

and my heart rate returns to normal I ask her “what happened”.  She tells me, “I don’t know, I must have tripped.” 

I decide its best if we head back to shore so we set sail once again. After a while I see the shoreline in the distance

and begin to feel a sense of relief.  Ok, sails are looking good, the rudder is trimmed nicely, no leaks in the boat and

making good progress. I cast my eyes about and notice some other boats in the distance heading this way when all

of a sudden SPLASH – MAN OVERBOARD!  Again I initiate rescue procedures but this time I’m exhausted.   I find

myself being dragged into the water and realise I’ve got to save myself - so I hold onto the boat with all my vital

force.  My energy is spent – I’ve got nothing left.  She slips out of my grasp and begins to float away screaming

“help, save me!”

Just then another boat begins to come within range to assist. And wonder of wonders, she starts to swim

toward the other boat – she’s not actually drowning!  Soon enough the other boat arrives and a guy helps her aboard

safe and sound.  As I look on she turns toward me and points with her finger and screams “he tried to drown me!” 

So the guy looks at me with contempt, wraps her in a warm blanket and begins to sail away while hurling abuse at me. 

So I turn my boat and sail to shore.  As I get to shore and set my feet on solid ground, I kneel down and kiss the

earth – I’m so glad I’m alive! 

It’s then that I turn around, and from the safety of the shore I see them sailing away in the distance when all of

sudden I hear “HELP – MAN OVERBOARD.”   Fortunately there are plenty of other boats to come to her rescue.

Anybody want to buy a cheap boat?  Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)

Want2know
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 07:54:11 PM »

Ok, I have to ask... . is this a true story?  Wow.  I can honestly say that after reading so many posts here that I have never heard one like that.

So, what does that tell you, and how do you feel about her today?

“The path to heaven doesn't lie down in flat miles. It's in the imagination with which you perceive this world, and the gestures with which you honor it." ~ Mary Oliver
WXYZ

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 08:28:27 PM »

Ok, I have to ask... . is this a true story?  Wow.  I can honestly say that after reading so many posts here that I have never heard one like that.

Sorry, I should had made it clear – it’s an analogy.
WXYZ

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 08:39:24 PM »

I'm very glad to be free of it all.
Want2know
Retired Staff

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 12:51:33 AM »

Thank you for clearing that up... . an interesting analogy, for sure!  Smiling (click to insert in post)

Glad to hear you have some perspective on the situation now.

“The path to heaven doesn't lie down in flat miles. It's in the imagination with which you perceive this world, and the gestures with which you honor it." ~ Mary Oliver
WXYZ

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 02:04:07 AM »

Thank you for clearing that up... . an interesting analogy, for sure!  Smiling (click to insert in post)

Glad to hear you have some perspective on the situation now.

I’m so thankful I’ve gotten to this stage in my recovery from this insanity.  I’m finally free

from the negative inputs from the kamikaze pilot (exBPD).  I can even begin to find a little

humour in the whole situation (want to buy a cheap boat Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)). 

I know full well it’s a very serious matter dealing with this mental disorder but there comes

a time when you’ve just got to wrap it all up in a little box and throw it into the dumpster. 

It’s time to start lovin’ me now!   Yes, I know it went on too long. Yes, I know I thought I

could help her. I’ve learnt a huge lesson here and what’s more, I FORGIVE MYSELF – live

and learn. 

But right now, it’s time to fire up the BBQ and enjoy some quality time just chillin’

out with some good friends.  Pretty simple really …

Reg

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 02:37:28 AM »

AussieBloke,

It's a great analogy, made me laugh as well, and seeing the humor in the whole situation is a good thing, no matter what the situation for them.  If they don't want help, it is their problem, we are not going to change them.  She is where she now belongs, in your past !

I'm enjoying myself again, seeing friends, I go out now and then, and it is great to see that others here are doing the same. 

I don't feel any guilt, I have forgiven her, she is never coming back in my life.  Stick to that yourself and move on !

Enjoy your evening ! Enjoy real life !

Reg
Clearmind
Retired Staff

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2013, 02:38:18 AM »

Lots of rescuing Aussie! I can equate as I am sure many of our members can.

BBQ in winter - you are more game than me! Have yourself a great time doing all the things you enjoy - some healing to do Aussie.

bretto

Relationship status: single 7 years

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2013, 04:50:43 AM »

Some people don't get Aussie humour, I enjoyed reading it and that is what it was like with my kids mother, 20 years of it... .
WXYZ

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2013, 06:19:02 AM »

Thinking of all things analogous and symbolic - I’ve invented the world’s first anti BS device.

Get a small tin can – something that will fit in your pocket, purse, whatever. Place 1 or 2 small

marbles in it. Now shake the device and listen to the rattle and clunking sounds as the marble(s)

do their thing. I prefer a noisy box but you might prefer something a little more discrete.

Ok, what does all this mean?  It symbolises the sound of a brain rattling around inside an

empty head.  So whenever you hear any BS, just reach for the can and shake to taste. Hear that?

You might even like to give your tin can a pet name.  Perhaps: the nut factory, the brainiac, Einstein, whatever.

Enjoy!

Another quality product from Dud Devices Down Under.

Dawning

Relationship status: divorced

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2013, 06:57:00 AM »

Well written anology, Aussie. So vivid... . Made me smile too. It's exactly as it is. No sailing with BPD's ever again. I like solid ground and solid people.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest