Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 27, 2024, 11:45:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Beware of Junk Psychology... Just because it's on the Internet doesn't mean it's true. Not all blogs and online "life coaches" are reliable, accurate, or healthy for you. Remember, there is no oversight, no competency testing, no registration, and no accountability for many sites - it is up to you to qualify the resource. Learn how to navigate this complicated arena...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Living in the now, not fearing the future  (Read 368 times)
hardhabit2break

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Relationship status: Married, filed for divorce

« on: August 24, 2013, 06:08:22 AM »

So I have made great progress these past couple of weeks. Not to say I won't hurt, mourn, anger, wonder, question, still. But I know I will be okay. After a lifetime really, (with my uBPD H for 31 years, since we were 18, married for 28years) it will be a longtime until I adjust to this new life without him as my partner. I am learning what I need him for, not much! I can see that he has lost so much more than I have. He is "living his life" his words. I am living my life, the same life I lived before all this happened, just not with him as part of it. I am learning to live in now--it's all any of us really have. I allow myself to feel the emotions while keeping them somewhat under control. Ruminating about what he has done and continues to do, is not good for me. I have zero control over any of it. Distractions work, replacing the bad thoughts and memories with good ones. I don't fear or dread my future, no one knows what their future holds. I will manage the difficulties that may come, but there will be so many good times too. I have 2 wonderful children who have brought, and will continue to bring, so much love and joy to my life.  I have wonderful family and friends who love me and support me. I am able to get back to some normalcy in my life and it feels good. I am doing okay!

Three months ago, when this crazy roller coaster ride started, after discovering betrayal and so much more, I was a mess. I am dealing with acceptance, especially of the fact that this man is not the person I thought he was, nor will he ever be that person again.

Today I will leave for a trip of a lifetime with my daughter. I am excited!  I deserve it!

Of course I will continue to come to this board, sometimes during difficult times, but hopefully more positive like today!  Be strong my bpdfamily! 
heartandwhole
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 06:28:57 AM »

hardhabit2break,

I'm happy and excited for you!  Thank you for sharing your up days with us, too.  It's important for all of us to see the healing, along with the pain that comes from time to time. 

I have 2 wonderful children who have brought, and will continue to bring, so much love and joy to my life.  I have wonderful family and friends who love me and support me. I am able to get back to some normalcy in my life and it feels good. I am doing okay!

What a lovely blessing to have supportive loved ones around you.

Today I will leave for a trip of a lifetime with my daughter. I am excited!  I deserve it!

Have a wonderful and healing trip!

heartandwhole

When the pain of love increases your joy, roses and lilies fill the garden of your soul.
GreenMango
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 04:14:01 PM »

Excerpt
Today I will leave for a trip of a lifetime with my daughter. I am excited! I deserve it!

Congratulations hardhabit!  This sounds really exciting.

Wishing you well  Smiling (click to insert in post)

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest