Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 29, 2024, 03:05:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you cope during night/sleep time & getting your rest?  (Read 850 times)
TakingWingAtLast

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Relationship status: Moved out for good on Nov. 16, 2013.

« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2013, 03:27:38 PM »

HarmKrakow,

As you know, I was struggling with sleep since Nov. 10.   But, I have now slept 3 of the last 4 nights.  I already feel more human and far more capable of dealing with the continued manipulations of the expwBPD!   Here's what I did:

Exercise reduces stress, period.

Reduce carbohydrate intake and increase protein intake.  I assure you that there is a rational scientific reason why this works.

When the rumination is overwhelming, get ice cold water and put your face in it for 30 seconds.  This will activate a physiological response called the diving reflex!   It will slow your heart and give you some peace!  Works!  My therapist recommended this to me as well when I brought it up.

I know that not sleeping sucks!  Be well!

D

We as people go through our days, with work, leisure, education, student life, etc. All their own story. All of them BPD inflicted.

But when you close the lights, and you hump into bed, there is (most likely) no one there, or at least definitely not your EX BPD partner. I was wondering how you guys have been able to keep your rest? Get your sleep? Can you sleep? Do you cry before you go to bed? Do you cry yourself to sleep?

I have tried

-melatonine

-mirtazepine

-temazepam

-oxazepam

-valium

-sleep herbs

-alcohol (work always ... but emotional hangover the day after :D)

-warm milk

-walk before sleeping...

I was wondering how you guys deal with that during your detachment of your ex partners, as I can imagine it has an effect on your sleeping behavior.

HarmKrakow

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2013, 04:39:16 PM »

I again, have been prescribed a box load of benzo's for sleeping. I've already started using it and I sleep like an angel as never before. The argument of the GP, about that although benzo's are rotten addicted candy bars, the vicious circle of getting less and less sleep and therefore building up more (emotional) fragility and interrupting your rational behavior can actually only increase the chances of truly slipping away. (As in, no job, no money, etc).

For some reason, I'd appreciated that comment.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest