Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 26, 2024, 09:28:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Before you can make things better, you have to stop making them worse... Have you considered that being critical, judgmental, or invalidating toward the other parent, no matter what she or he just did will only make matters worse? Someone has to be do something. This means finding the motivation to stop making things worse, learning how to interrupt your own negative responses, body language, facial expressions, voice tone, and learning how to inhibit your urges to do things that you later realize are contributing to the tensions.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: symptoms of NBPD and some questions about BPD  (Read 376 times)
Mazda

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: November 14, 2013, 06:56:28 AM »

Hi all,

I have read a lot about co-morbid BPD and NPD and I just wanted some examples of symptoms where a person has both?  I strongly suspect my ex fiance (Voldemort) had co-morbid.

Also, did anyone ever notice their SOs being extremely sensitive to those who they have painted white? Voldemort would fly off the handle if I so much as criticized any member of his immediate family (who were all heartless half-wits and stood by silently while he would abuse me).  If I even calmly and politely said anything that pointed out any of their (multiple) flaws, he would get so angry he would hang up the phone on me and then ignore my calls for hours.  Did anyone else with long distance relationships experience this?  I have never, even in grade school, had someone hang up the phone on me so many times and ignore so many calls.

Thanks!
fromheeltoheal

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Broken up, I left her

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 11:24:49 AM »

My borderline ex has her own cocktail of BPD and NPD traits:

Borderline:

Extremely emotionally sensitive to pretty much everything

Rageful outbursts with no apparent cause

Impulsive sexuality

Eating disorders; using food to soothe, especially ice cream, gobs and gobs of ice cream

Frequent talks of suicide

Rapidly changing emotion states

Manipulation and continuous lying

Inability to be alone

Emotional immaturity and cluelessness about the world

Dissociation, cognitive distortion, zoning out

Narcissistic:

Criticism always met with rage

Positive she's god's gift to women

Convinced everyone's looking at her in any room

Fantasies of her abilities and accomplishments, not even remotely reality

Need constant attention and admiration

Constantly self-focused; others are seen as there to meet her needs

Lovely package of traits huh?  Not someone I want to be around, which begs the question why was I?  Because I was trying to love her through all that, cut the crap girl, I see the beautiful girl under all that, let's you and me build an awesome life together.  Didn't work.
RecycledNoMore

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 01:54:34 PM »

Hay mazda, not sure about the co morbid aspects yet, but yes, my uBPDx family was also a bunch of halfwits who stood by while he abused me, they would make light of any situation, even joking about his behaviour, funny thing was he hated most of them especially his mother( jailed when he was a baby for the manslaughter of her own abusive father), anyway he would rage at most of them, was always fighting with them in one way or another, o but if I said anything, even in the slightest .most polite way, even if I was agreeing with him, hed go off his nut!, " dont you talk about my family, who the fuq do you think you are... ." oh but when it came to my family, well different story... .
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest