Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 01, 2024, 07:19:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Funny text sequence with ex  (Read 362 times)
santa

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: December 24, 2013, 12:54:53 AM »

Backstory: I had my kid for the weekend and dropped her off this afternoon. Everything went smoothly from the pick up on Friday until the drop off today. I put some extra stuff in my kid's travel bag trying to be nice. It was necessities like diapers, etc.

My ex texts me and says "Thank you". I said "you're welcome". Then she sends me a few texts berating me. I made a couple of short comments back. Then I told her I was driving and couldn't keep texting. Then she sent me a couple of nasty texts and ended with "please don't text me again". I didn't respond. Then she sent like 4 more texts. I gave short responses just countering what she had said. Then she sent like two more texts and said "you're an a-hole... .and are you trying to get me to block your number?" Then she called me a creep. I didn't respond.

I'm at a point now where nothing she says fazes me. Her version of things is so distorted and inaccurate that it's almost a joke to me. I guess she takes herself seriously though. I'm pretty proud of the fact that nothing she says has any effect on me anymore though. That's a real comfort.

Seeing her didn't make me long for her or anything either. Friday it did, but today I felt nothing. Friday was the first time I'd seen her in months. Today it was just like seeing some random person though. I'm pretty happy that I can see her without it stirring up any feelings.
Surnia
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: 8 y married, divorced since 2012-11-22

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 01:50:32 AM »

Hi santa

Great you could see your kid and all went well. Really good news.  Smiling (click to insert in post)

I'm pretty happy that I can see her without it stirring up any feelings.

Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

And what texting afterwards from her! Do you think she felt criticized by the added necessities?

“Don’t shrink. Don’t puff up. Stand on your sacred ground.”  Brené Brown
letmeout

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 04:43:04 AM »

Its almost impossible to tell what they think since their brains operate on a different system than ours do. The wires just don't connect right. I had a funny text session with my sister-in-law earlier who is BPD like my ex.  Just her usual irrational delusional nonsense, very entertaining but somehow annoying at the same time. She kept trying to suck me into her hysteria, and I kept shooting her down with common sense. She didn't understand the common sense part though. LOL

santa

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2013, 12:33:23 PM »

Hi santa

Great you could see your kid and all went well. Really good news.  Smiling (click to insert in post)

I'm pretty happy that I can see her without it stirring up any feelings.

Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

And what texting afterwards from her! Do you think she felt criticized by the added necessities?

No idea what her problem was. Maybe she's just triggered from it being Christmas. I think it may have made her insecure because my kid went bonkers when I put her in the car seat in her mom's car.
santa

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2013, 12:35:26 PM »

Its almost impossible to tell what they think since their brains operate on a different system than ours do. The wires just don't connect right. I had a funny text session with my sister-in-law earlier who is BPD like my ex.  Just her usual irrational delusional nonsense, very entertaining but somehow annoying at the same time. She kept trying to suck me into her hysteria, and I kept shooting her down with common sense. She didn't understand the common sense part though. LOL

LOL

I've noticed that common sense doesn't work with my ex. She will not listen to reason. It's helped me to detach though. Just recognizing that her perspective on things is so distorted that it's impossible to ever work things out.
letmeout

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2013, 01:11:58 PM »

It is impossible to have a conversation with someone who does not interpret common logic as reality. Their reality is very much different from ours.  I hope you can rescue your child from her someday. My adult children have to cope with their father's BPD, but it sure messed with their little heads when they were growing up!

Merry Christmas and have a blessed new year!   

Surnia
Retired Staff

Relationship status: 8 y married, divorced since 2012-11-22

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2013, 01:41:00 PM »

Santa

I am not co parenting - I could however imagine that this could be a challenge, that the SO -your wife- is taking it personal when the child is not happy when coming back to her.

This is perhaps something for the Co-parenting board.

“Don’t shrink. Don’t puff up. Stand on your sacred ground.”  Brené Brown
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest