Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
September 28, 2024, 03:17:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Have u noticed that every 4th or 5th Dr Phil episode is BPD-related?  (Read 412 times)
ogopogodude
^

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: January 15, 2014, 01:42:32 PM »

I pretty much watch Dr Phil every day playing in the background at my work place. As there are tv's everywhere.

Anyways. ... it seems like every other show is for sure BPD-related and the 1st thing I say to my co-workers is this: "that person has so many traits of BPD and Dr Phil misses that every time"... . If one wants to see rage-a-holics i.e. BPD temper rages simply type into google this: a mother's fury exposed".  AFter I watch this certain episode, this woman's temper and antics is only maybe a 2 out of 10 on my scale of what I went thru... .
xPaintedBlackx

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 02:02:33 PM »

I notice it as well... . If not BPD then some other disorder.
santa

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 11:30:08 PM »

LMAO  Smiling (click to insert in post) Smiling (click to insert in post)

I don't doubt it. BPDs are probably a gold mine for shows like that.
MammaMia

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 11:53:01 PM »

I rarely watch Dr. Phil.  Is he misdiagnosing or just not willing to use the BPD label?    

Dr. Drew Pinski, on the other hand, actively discusses the relevance of BPD and other personality disorders to crime and addiction.  As society gets stranger and more cruel, personality disorders are coming to the forefront.

The prevalence of BPD or BPD-like behavior these days is truly frightening.  I am sure it has been around forever, just like psychopathic behavior, and perhaps it is just being recognized more often.

Ironmanrises

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 12:12:28 AM »

As our society becomes more narcissistic, i would not be surprised if BPD behavior is further rewarded with shows like Dr. Phil, etc.
musicfan42

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 12:51:10 AM »

I think there's something phony and creepy about Dr. Phil. Do you ever see how the wife is ALWAYS in the audience? And how, at the end of the show, she comes down and holds his hand and they walk off the stage together? Doesn't she have a job of her own to do? Or at least something better than just be at every show and literally hold his hand? It's just pathetic.

I've watched a few episodes and the guests are usually really dysfunctional because of course, that makes for great TV, ratings etc. I notice that they'll cover the story briefly but there's never really any kind of resolution. It's more like "ok, we've run out of time but we'll talk to you after the show". Do they ever do a follow-up show to see how these people actually get on afterwards? I think that all talk-shows are exploitative really but there's a lot of fame hungry people out there only too willing to get their 15 minutes of fame... well in this case, 15 seconds of fame .
santa

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2014, 01:11:22 AM »

I think there's something phony and creepy about Dr. Phil. Do you ever see how the wife is ALWAYS in the audience? And how, at the end of the show, she comes down and holds his hand and they walk off the stage together? Doesn't she have a job of her own to do? Or at least something better than just be at every show and literally hold his hand? It's just pathetic.

I've watched a few episodes and the guests are usually really dysfunctional because of course, that makes for great TV, ratings etc. I notice that they'll cover the story briefly but there's never really any kind of resolution. It's more like "ok, we've run out of time but we'll talk to you after the show". Do they ever do a follow-up show to see how these people actually get on afterwards? I think that all talk-shows are exploitative really but there's a lot of fame hungry people out there only too willing to get their 15 minutes of fame... well in this case, 15 seconds of fame .

Her "job" is probably to hold his hand at the end of every episode and make it look like he knows what he's talking about.  Smiling (click to insert in post)
ogopogodude
^

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2014, 02:36:50 AM »

I would hold his hand if I could have 1/2 of the $89 million/year that he makes. (Yes, ... 89 mill). Actually, I would do more than just hold his hand... .  . (i'm just kidding).   
alliance

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2014, 07:28:49 AM »

I rarely watch dr phil cuz I think he is a joke. Nothing is ever resolved or even discussed. He is all about bullying tactics i.e. male drama queen.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest