Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 26, 2024, 02:05:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
How to communicate after a contentious divorce... Following a contentious divorce and custody battle, there are often high emotion and tensions between the parents. Research shows that constant and chronic conflict between the parents negatively impacts the children. The children sense their parents anxiety in their voice, their body language and their parents behavior. Here are some suggestions from Dean Stacer on how to avoid conflict.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Feeling down after friends talked about him and his new valentine  (Read 326 times)
Popcorn71

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: February 14, 2014, 12:39:15 PM »

I went to visit some friends today.  They brought up my exBPDh in conversation and went on to tell me that he had contacted them yesterday.  Apparently he made some joke about valentines day and buying flowers.

This made me feel sick.  I remember how he used to buy me flowers frequently.  Now he is doing this for the tart he replaced me with.  How can he have switched over so easily and quickly.  It is exactly 6 months to the day that he ended things with me and moved on to her just days later (if not before).  Now I am being told that he is introducing her to our friends and is buying a house for them to live in.

I feel a mixture of disbelief, rage and sickness.  I would happily like to see him rot in hell!  Yet at the same time, I am sad because I remember how he treated me at first.

I am going out tonight, but I know that it will be ruined because that Bullet: comment directed to __ (click to insert in post)@@@ will be on my mind again.

Sorry but I just had to vent!
Johnny Alias

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 12:45:07 PM »

Sorry.  If these are friends WHY would they do that to you?  I'd have a serious talk with them and establish boundaries asap or get rid of them.  That's incredibly insensitive. 

I had to have the same conversation with a friend of mine yesterday.  Serious.  Does MAJOR damage to you to hear about the stuff.  ZERO benefit. 
Popcorn71

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 12:51:47 PM »

Exactly, maybe they are not the friends I thought they were.  Actually they were his friends first and I met them through him but having known them for 9 years I counted them as being my friends now.  I did get a feeling that they were 'fishing' for info on my life now and wondered if they would feed it back to him.

I don't think I will visit them again.
Want2know
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 12:58:08 PM »

I remember when I was in the process of breaking up with my ex, I was told that there are some people that were in your life that become 'collateral damage'.  It's a sad thing.  I lost what I thought were a few really good friends, as they were his friends first.

Valentine's day is hard for anyone who is single - I know, I'm there, but especially when you let your mind go down the path of imagining what is going on with your ex.  In reality, maybe their evening will turn out to be a disaster... . with the volatility of a pwBPD/NPD, you just never know.

Be kind to yourself.   

“The path to heaven doesn't lie down in flat miles. It's in the imagination with which you perceive this world, and the gestures with which you honor it." ~ Mary Oliver
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest