Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 01, 2024, 11:24:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
VIDEO: "What is parental alienation?" Parental alienation is when a parent allows a child to participate or hear them degrade the other parent. This is not uncommon in divorces and the children often adjust. In severe cases, however, it can be devastating to the child. This video provides a helpful overview.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crazy-making/frustrating day  (Read 358 times)
BacknthSaddle

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: May 02, 2014, 08:17:06 PM »

Not sure what I'm looking for here: thoughts, reflections, guidance.

About two weeks NC. My ex texts me asking "are you calling me." I say no (I wasn't); I had decided to respond to initiations on her part in a dispassionate way, and it's been helpful. After awhile I write back (mistake 1) "what was that text about?" She says "someone from work was calling me and hanging up.  I don't mean to insinuate you're creepy, but I wanted to make sure Smiling (click to insert in post)" Of course, I wasn't calling her, and I am not and have never been creepy. I have no idea if anyone was calling her (plausible that her bosses were I suppose), but I'd don't real care. I decided to leave emotion out if it and say "no, it wasn't me."

Sadly, emotion got the best of me, and I wrote "why would I do that? I'm kind of insulted" (mistake 2, broke my own rule). At this point, she writes "I have no idea. You've done weird things in the past. So have I." I have never done anything weird in the past, at all, so I say "like what?" And then she says "Oh my god. I'm at the gym. Have a nice weekend." Fight ensues.

For a brief period I felt like ___, then I felt like "you don't need anyone in your life who claims you're her 'best friend in the world' then later treats you like this and makes you crazy." And I've been going back and forth on those all night.

There's no specific question here, but maybe you can dig one out. I'm just looking for insight. I wish I had left it be, but I couldn't control the emotions that the devaluation ("creepy?" provoked in me.
Cardinals in Flight
formerly NurseRatchet

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 08:29:20 PM »

SHE was bored and needed interaction, positive or negative or drama, it was about her, IMO

CiF
AwakenedOne

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 08:57:16 PM »

Not sure what I'm looking for here: thoughts, reflections, guidance.

About two weeks NC. My ex texts me asking "are you calling me." I say no (I wasn't); I had decided to respond to initiations on her part in a dispassionate way, and it's been helpful. After awhile I write back (mistake 1) "what was that text about?" She says "someone from work was calling me and hanging up.  I don't mean to insinuate you're creepy, but I wanted to make sure Smiling (click to insert in post)" Of course, I wasn't calling her, and I am not and have never been creepy. I have no idea if anyone was calling her (plausible that her bosses were I suppose), but I'd don't real care. I decided to leave emotion out if it and say "no, it wasn't me."

Sadly, emotion got the best of me, and I wrote "why would I do that? I'm kind of insulted" (mistake 2, broke my own rule). At this point, she writes "I have no idea. You've done weird things in the past. So have I." I have never done anything weird in the past, at all, so I say "like what?" And then she says "Oh my god. I'm at the gym. Have a nice weekend." Fight ensues.

For a brief period I felt like , then I felt like "you don't need anyone in your life who claims you're her 'best friend in the world' then later treats you like this and makes you crazy." And I've been going back and forth on those all night.

There's no specific question here, but maybe you can dig one out. I'm just looking for insight. I wish I had left it be, but I couldn't control the emotions that the devaluation ("creepy?" provoked in me.

BacknthSaddle, 

Maybe look at this as a positive thing? Even though this text/drama with her gave you a headache you got to see that she still treats you like this. Is it easier now to detach? Her remark about you doing weird stuff I wouldn't sweat either. Somebody that has BPD might think something normal is weird. Actually this is probably an understatement. Hang in there. You did ok bro. It's where you go from here that matters right?

AO

tholian

Relationship status: Single

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 09:00:36 PM »

She's simply trying to bait you. Why should you be happy when they can't be.

My uBPDx loves to use "oh my god" a lot as well when I confront her with her wrong doing. Put her in your past and re engage your NC.

Take care
BacknthSaddle

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2014, 09:06:18 PM »

Thank you friends. The "oh my god" is particularly maddening. It is a way of avoiding answering any question while simultaneously making me feel nuts for asking it.  Definitely one if my Achilles heels. Which of course she knows.

Good night's sleep should help.
Emelie Emelie

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2014, 09:16:41 PM »

I strongly doubt she was receiving hang up calls and wondered if it was you.  I think she was finding an excuse to interact.
mywifecrazy

Relationship status: Divorced

Picking myself off the canvas for the last time!

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2014, 09:27:52 PM »

I would block her number so she can't call or text you.  This move gave me back my sanity!

"Oh My God"... . LMAO, I get that too when she's cornered when caught in a lie. Or she'll yell "Whatever" or better yet she would yell,at me "You think you're so holier than thou". It's funny how mad they get when they are caught red handed in a lie!

The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all. (Psalm 34:18, 19)
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest