Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 29, 2024, 01:31:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
How to communicate after a contentious divorce... Following a contentious divorce and custody battle, there are often high emotion and tensions between the parents. Research shows that constant and chronic conflict between the parents negatively impacts the children. The children sense their parents anxiety in their voice, their body language and their parents behavior. Here are some suggestions from Dean Stacer on how to avoid conflict.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How many of your BPD were obsessed with Marilyn Monroe?  (Read 418 times)
mini_vanilli

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: May 02, 2014, 01:26:16 AM »

How many of your BPD were obsessed with Marilyn Monroe? Mine had books, posters, quotes and pictures on FB... . she was her idol... . should have seen that as a major red flag
Hurtbeyondrepair27

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: single (1 month)

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 01:52:18 AM »

Yes! My good friend who is BPD but recovering... She is in intense therapy and has been for years.

Is Obsessed even has a purse she paid like 200 for with marilyns mug on it.

Jb101

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 03:31:45 AM »

Interestingly, she once gave me her phone and asked me to google something she was drunk, previous searches about princess Diana and BPD jumped up... .
Jb101

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 03:32:34 AM »

From somebody who now has decided she is fine as long as she's not with me...
BacknthSaddle

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2014, 07:41:23 AM »

Mine was obsessed with Disney and Disneyworld. She used a Velcro Mickey Mouse wallet as a grown woman. For some reason this didn't strike me as odd.
coolioqq

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2014, 07:54:46 AM »

We all have some things that others will find odd. That, in itself, has probably little to do with BPD. As for Marilyn Monroe, she herself was most likely suffering from BPD and HPD. Her quote below sums it up well, and is likely why some pwBPD identify with her. I am quoting part of what I wrote about this a while ago. Here's what I said... . It's a little dramatic aphorism of sorts, in line with me being in thick fog at the time, but I still hold it as true in case of people with uncontrolled BPD.

Excerpt
The point here, as I see it, is that we need to forgive ourselves and accept the fact that we love them, or whatever "good" side they have shown us. It's OK to love her. It's OK to miss her. Withdrawal is a natural reaction because love is a complex feeling in our brain, very addictive. Especially with borderlines, and I speculate it is because of their ability to mirror and act out exactly what we always wanted. But then we have to realize that they construct that ad-hoc, and it's all imaginary. And it's kind of crazy that we love imaginary people, don't you think?

Unfortunately, their true face is when they are at their worst. They seem to go by Marilyn Monroe's (who most likely had BPD and HPD herself) famous quote:

“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”

The way I read it is: "The only thing that you can absolutely be sure of is that I won't change and you, my slave, have to put up with the hell I create for you for the rest of your miserable life. If you are a good boy, I'll give you a candy here and there, and I don't have too many in my bag."

THAT is not something that our love for them can solve. As soon as that "sinks" into our brains, we will be able to move on.

Waifed

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2014, 08:57:38 AM »

Ha! Every time I see a quote from Marilyn Monroe on someone's Match.com profile I laugh and move on... .
coolioqq

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2014, 11:42:08 AM »

Ha! Every time I see a quote from Marilyn Monroe on someone's Match.com profile I laugh and move on... .

Or Coco Chanel who was Marilyn Monroe of her day. She was even worse. Today we have that celebrity wearing suits made of meat, I forgot the name. It's frankly a bit sad how certain people are idolized over their transgressive lifestyle. People with loose identity often confuse progressiveness and transgression... . When you have even mildly disordered people identifying with them, well... . All hell breaks loose... .

I am grateful that my ex made me far more perceptive of her kind. Not cynical, just firmer in normalcy.
mini_vanilli

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2014, 01:16:04 PM »

Mine was obsessed with Disney and Disneyworld. She used a Velcro Mickey Mouse wallet as a grown woman. For some reason this didn't strike me as odd.

Ah yes, mine too! She talked incessantly about taking a trip to Disneyworld and how it was her favorite place on earth. How she went as a kid and how she went with all her exe (of course she said the trips with them were horrible). When she moved out all that she left in the entire place was her Disney mug in cabinet.

Oh and btw, she wanted to take the Disney trip on my $$$. NO THANKS
HerPerpetuallyTornLover

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2014, 03:42:01 PM »

Hahaha holy cow, my dBPDexgf was obsessed... . but like on the surface? I asked why she liked her (I dont get the hype, just seems likes a cult following of a previous decades kardashian who OD'ed on drugs, whats all the fuss about) and she never really had a straight in depth answer... . but liked her enough to want her lips and mole tattood somewhere on her? what the heck?
Scott2000

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2014, 01:04:15 PM »

So funny. My ex was also obsessed with Marilyn, and had a collection of stuffed animals that she slept with every night. They all had names and "personalities".
crookedeuphoria

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2014, 02:13:44 PM »

Huh. So I was just on FB looking to see if there was a group like this there that I could join. I came across a group of BPD sufferers. The profile pic? Yup. Marilyn.
TitaniumPhoebe

Relationship status: divorced

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2014, 11:05:04 PM »

mine was male, so he was obsessed with knives and guns.  I would have preferred Marilyn :D
xPaintedBlackx

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2014, 01:07:52 PM »

Yes my BPDexGF is infatuated with Marilyn... . even has a "Monroe" piercing. And while we were together, I fed into the obsession by gifting her all kinds of Marilyn stuff. All others who want to get close to her feed into it too.

"My Week with Marilyn" came out, and a lot of feelings "Marilyn" expressed in that movie, my GF had expressed. It was eerie. After we talked about the similarities, I told her that I read that Marilyn was also BPD. Her mind was blown.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest