Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 27, 2024, 02:05:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 20 years and six kids later... so much good, but the bad is unbearable  (Read 373 times)
Indymomofsix

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic Partner
Relationship status: seperated

« on: May 20, 2014, 09:57:46 AM »

Hi!

So glad to have found this site. I am posting in this one and the "staying" group.  That shows you how confused I am!  I have been married to BPD man for 19 years.  We have six children ages 23-10.  He is the best of men and the worst of men.  We have been through counseling and 3 different churches over the last 23 years.  He always seems to convince everyone that I am the problem, or at least half the problem.  He had been diagnosed bi-polar 30 years ago, but stopped taking meds 20 years ago.  He is a very bright and charming man.  He has alot to offer as a husband and father, and when the kids were younger and I was a stay at home mom, we had conflict, but he didn't have the abondonment issues he does now that the kids are being more social and I am working out of the home. 

He was diagnosed as having BPD 3 years ago when I filed for separation.  I dismissed it because I thought that he was bi-polar and the doctor was blaming me for leaving him.  He was put on a low dose of lexapro, and it seemed to make him worse.  He had to leave our home because when I filed, he assaulted me by spitting on me, shaking me and calling me names.  He is normally not agressive, mostly passive aggressive, trying to get me to lose it.

I finally let him come home fter he threatened suicide.  Now three years later, I left this time, a year ago, to keep the family more stable, and the kids are going back and forth.  Someonerecommended the book on PBD and I was amazed.  I have thought of him as Dr. Jekyll, Mr. Hyde for years.  I am starting to see that there may be hope for us if I understand why behaves the way he does.  Some of the coping mechanisms seem to be on point. 

I want us to be a family again, and I want so badly to have hope.  I don't know how to approach my husband, as it seems every time, I initiate a "talk". It ends in disaster.  He has agreed to to go to Celebration Recovery to the Anger group.  They deal with childhood wounds, which is probably the source of his BPD. I believe he was sexually abused by a cousi who was killed at age 16, and has conflicted feelings because he also loved him very much and may have been the only affection that he received as a child.

I want to be a loving and supportive wife.  I have had to draw boundaries and detach from my husband and he feels abandoned by me.  Although he only can express that in anger.

Any suggestions will be appreciated!

Thanks!
Fanie

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic Partner
Relationship status: Life Partners

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 08:21:46 AM »

I really feel with you

We have 2 kids and I thought that I was emotionally stable

Unfortunately it not easy... .

Keep reading on the boards

Keep posting  ... . we are family ... .

It helps to talk ... .

We are in the same boat ... .

May God Bless !
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest