Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 27, 2024, 02:50:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books most popular with members
Stop Caretaking the
Borderline or the Narcassist
Stop Walking
on Eggshells
Journey from
Abandonment to Healing
The Search for Real Self
Unmasking Personality Disorders

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bpd friends?  (Read 345 times)
qwaszx

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: July 24, 2014, 07:03:54 PM »

Hey, so I had met one pwBPD about 4 years ago... who is now out of my life... .but I've met another girl who has seems far to much like she has BPD for my liking, but I don't want to write her off either or live worried about everyone I met being a BPD... she is also a client where I work, so there is no cutting ties... .

I've hung out with her About 5 times now, and know all about her sex life, bf problems, she's a striper, no boundary's, and is really unfiltered, talks about having men lined up for her, and is seeking validation from everyone including younger kids, manipulated and gaslights, tells stories... .along with other stuff...

My question is, knowing  all these red flags, and seeing her "issues"  is it possible to maintain a friendship with her, knowing that at some point this will all turn around on me if I let her get to close?

I don't know what to think... .ii don't think I'll get hurt by her if I'm aware of her instability from the get go... And don't try to "fix her" or personalize anything... thoughts?
JackBlacknBlue

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 11:20:11 PM »

I think you are best judge of your ability to stay at arm's length enough not to get hurt.  I would ask myself if a friendship like that - one in which you're always waiting for the shoe to drop, one in which you have to keep your guard up-is worth it.  I am facing same decision about a 'friend'.  My T tells me that I'll stay in the friendship as long as the upside outweighs the downside.  I find that trade-off varies.  We have a great time sometimes, and other times it is pure nightmare. 

I find it very hard to stay at arm's length and maintain a friendship.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest