Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 27, 2024, 04:41:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Beware of Junk Psychology... Just because it's on the Internet doesn't mean it's true. Not all blogs and online "life coaches" are reliable, accurate, or healthy for you. Remember, there is no oversight, no competency testing, no registration, and no accountability for many sites - it is up to you to qualify the resource. Learn how to navigate this complicated arena...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NPD & BPD breakup. what would you do in this case?  (Read 343 times)
cheaptrick

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: July 24, 2014, 01:07:20 AM »

Dated 2 1/2 years and broke up two weeks ago. She kept liking everything on Facebook I posted. Went on match.com and went on date yesterday, then changed her profile and cover page with the guy. Then called wanting to remain friends AND still date. In her photo, she was wearing hat I gave her and doing a recreation that I cherish that she never did. Flyfishing. I told her I thought it was mean and uncalled for and she said it was her life and if I didn't like it, Unfriend her. So I did. She then got really mad and said to never call her again.i told her I would not, but that she needed to understand how asking me to be a friend and date, and doing this was hurtful and intended to cause pain. She is a diagnosed narcassist and does lack empathy, and her only come back was to I was wrong for not being excited for her catching a fish! ! I told her I didn't want to heat from her unless it was a face to face apology and explained that doing the Facebook thing like this was sociopathic and lacked courtesy and class. She said f off. She is 50 years old and behaving this way. So, dump her forever? Go NC? Forget her and never speak to her again?

Aussie JJ

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: apart 18 months, 12 months push pull 6 months seperated properly, 4 months k own about BPD

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 02:12:51 AM »

Do what is best for you mate. 

Do you want to live with someone you don't trust, has no respect for you and gets power when she abuses you? 

If their are no kids involved, smile be happy for her while you sell the house and plan a one way trip out of luniland. 

If their are kids involved then argh :s
Trent

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 09:44:21 PM »

She is a diagnosed narcassist and does lack empathy

That, right there, plus the fact that you're on this site, is reason enough to go NC and never speak to her again.  In her extinction burst, she will probably try to reel you back in and may even offer a seemingly-sincere apology, but the disorder always wins in the end.

2 1/2 years is a long time, and I'm sorry you have to go through this.  I don't know your back story, but I'm guessing it's likely long past time for you to cut your losses.  NC can help create the space you need to heal and move forward.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest