Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 02, 2024, 01:47:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
VIDEO: "What is parental alienation?" Parental alienation is when a parent allows a child to participate or hear them degrade the other parent. This is not uncommon in divorces and the children often adjust. In severe cases, however, it can be devastating to the child. This video provides a helpful overview.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Missing my child's first birthday  (Read 713 times)
momtara

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2014, 12:43:20 PM »

scraps66

Relationship status: Separated 9/2008, living apart since 1/2010

« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2014, 12:52:13 PM »

I would be very careful about an approach of, "teaching a lesson."  Given the deplorable level of incompetence at work in many courthouses across the nation, you could end up being very disappointed.  Keep a "neutral" posture as much as you can.  I my case I found that the "victories" were miniscule and few and far between in comparison to the aggravation and effort required to achieve a certain outcome.  Even things that are seemingly insignificant can be get horribly out of hand when dealing with a BP.

Also, teaching a lesson via legalities = $$$$$$$$$$$.  So I think a different mindset is necessary, don't get wrapped up in things like getting back at, concentrate on your daughter and that can alleviate your feelings about her mother.  Beyond that, again referencing the courthosue craziness, my L had told me, "if you're looking for justice, you're in the wrong place."
hurting300

« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2014, 01:18:08 PM »

I won full custody of my first daughter. I'm almost 100% I'll win again. We now have proof of her mental illness. Her record of not working past 6 months on a job, and no place to stay. Plus it helps that the judges are familiar with me.

In the eye for an eye game, he who cares least, wins. I, for one. am never stepping into the ring with someone who is impulsive and doesn't think of the downstream consequences.
momtara

« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2014, 01:28:22 PM »

You use language like 'teach a lesson' and 'she will pay.'   That sounds like anger and revenge talking.  Natural emotions, but hopefully your main aim is not to cause more hurt.  It's healthier to focus on helping your daughter and yourself.
hurting300

« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2014, 01:35:45 PM »

I am angry honestly. But for 18 months i paid her way and loved her more than I did myself. I still love her. But in the end she tested me to far. Over the last six months i felt things changing for the worse. So... .I gathered evidence against her. Videos, diaries, recorded calls. She has led a life of screwing over innocent men and lying and cheating. Now she messed with the wrong one. Mental illness is no excuse. Now we also have her medical records and family members arrest records. I will not stop until she's committed. And gets the help she needs. You have no idea the emotional trauma she has put me thru. I thank you all for your help.

In the eye for an eye game, he who cares least, wins. I, for one. am never stepping into the ring with someone who is impulsive and doesn't think of the downstream consequences.
Artisan

« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2014, 05:24:51 PM »

Put your child before the anger and face the real issues and not her crazy.

you aren't here to help her fix herself and be a white knight.

Be a dad.
hurting300

« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2014, 06:22:18 PM »

Thanks man... .I'm really tryin not to be mad.

Artisan

« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2014, 10:03:30 PM »

It's a tough situation, and my heart goes out to you and your family.

In this case, take care of your daughter, then be angry.

If the court see's you angry, or out to get even or teach a lesson or anything along those lines, you've lost.
Deb

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Sibling
Relationship status: NC

« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2014, 12:07:28 PM »

Just want to point out that you cannot teach a person with BPD a lesson. No matter what, it will be YOUR fault. Their illness guarantess they will never get it.

Sibling of a BP who finally found the courage to walk away from her insanity.  "There is a season for chocolate. It should be eaten in any month with an a, u or e."
hurting300

« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2014, 10:06:40 PM »

That's true... I just can't believe this is happening. We should be married and cuddled up watching a movie while our baby plays. Not her vanishing with our baby and me trying to find them crying in my pillow every night.

catnap

« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2014, 08:29:13 AM »

Since she is driving by your house on a regular basis, has your L suggested hiring a private investigator?  We had to use one to locate son's exgf to serve her court papers. 
ForeverDad
Retired Staff

Relationship status: separated 2005 then divorced

You can't reason with the Voice of Unreason...

« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2014, 08:37:32 AM »

I just can't believe this is happening.

Shock

We should be married and cuddled up watching a movie while our baby plays.

wishes & dreams

Not her vanishing with our baby

reality you must accept

and me trying to find them crying in my pillow every night.

understandable but meanwhile find a good long term strategy

What's messed up, is she's been driving by my house! Four times so far. I'm always gone when she does this. My mom and neighbors tell me about it. And another thing. She always blocks me on Facebook also. But this time she deactivated her Facebook.

Was she seen driving by at the same time of day or day of week?  Any way to narrow down the most likely times of day?  It's probably too expensive to hire PI 24/7 so narrowing it down could help a lot.  And have you considered adding video surveillance to your yard with a view of the street just in case?

As for the social blocking, it's retaliatory mind games.  It's her account, she has the right to do it.  Also, if she's disappeared this thoroughly, she may have gotten legal advice?

momtara

« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2014, 04:11:08 PM »

"We should be married and cuddled up watching a movie while our baby plays"

You are right.  It's so easy to think about what could be.  Hopefully someday you will have a more normal family life.  I hope I will!
hurting300

« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2014, 06:33:15 PM »

She could have gotten legal advise but we have proof of her mental illness, but honestly she has no money.

momtara

« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2014, 10:22:22 AM »

Have you found them yet?  If she's driving by, she can't be far.
hurting300

« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2014, 02:45:36 PM »

No not yet, she is off the grid.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest