Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 05:54:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Beware of Junk Psychology... Just because it's on the Internet doesn't mean it's true. Not all blogs and online "life coaches" are reliable, accurate, or healthy for you. Remember, there is no oversight, no competency testing, no registration, and no accountability for many sites - it is up to you to qualify the resource. Learn how to navigate this complicated arena...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Day 4, NC  (Read 396 times)
kc sunshine

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

« on: August 06, 2014, 10:42:53 PM »

Hi all,

I'm on day 4 of NC with my BPD ex. Tonight's been a hard one of missing her though, and I'm finding myself composing emails in my head to her. :'(

Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 12:58:09 AM »

Hi kc sunshine,

Composng emails in your head is good, as you are letting your feelngs flow. It's a way of validating yourself.

I'm 5 months past my uBPDx moving out, yet I still find myself composing conversations in my head of what i'd really like to say to her. Maybe it's wrong, maybe it's right. Maybe it's just what I need to do to allow myself to feel. Our feelings are real, and I think allowing them to flow is healthy.

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
eagle755

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 01:25:47 AM »

I'm four months out, and two months nc. I don't think about composing anything, the thought of contacting her disgusts me.

Just accept what is and grow, its the best thing you can do
Blimblam

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 02:18:44 AM »

kc,

4 days is good.  I have the problem of getting like 4 days or a week or whatever and find myself needing to send her a message then I compose it and hesitate and end up sending it... .then it sets me back... .I understand the need to compose it... .Just try and do yourself a huge favor and write it some place without a send option!

The point that I actually write it I feel so good about it. It is the expecting validation upon actually sending it that ends up causing more pain.

do you best at no contact... I really think it is the best way.
Lolster

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 02:51:59 AM »

You could sit down and write the actual email if you could manage to save it to your Drafts folder?  Don't even put the recipients email address in when you start the email so you are not tempted to hit send.  Set yourself a goal of saving to Drafts for at least 24 hrs (more if possible) before reading. You'll find your thoughts on what you want to say will possibly shift day to day anyway.  You'll be surprised at a later date that you even considered sending some of the stuff you wrote.  I found some discarded emails I didn't send when I was sifting through an old email account, and believe it or not I could actually laugh at them myself so long after the split. 
kc sunshine

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2014, 03:52:12 PM »

Thanks you all-- this was so helpful. I'll write the email (without a recipient) and then figure out if I want to send it. I'll also think about why I want to send it. It is the last day of her job tomorrow, and my impulse is to wish her good luck with the transition. But maybe I should just leave her (and myself) be, send her those good luck wishes in my mind, without the contact and stirring stuff up again.

BacknthSaddle

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2014, 04:18:41 PM »

kc,

4 days is good.  I have the problem of getting like 4 days or a week or whatever and find myself needing to send her a message then I compose it and hesitate and end up sending it... .then it sets me back... .I understand the need to compose it... .Just try and do yourself a huge favor and write it some place without a send option!

The point that I actually write it I feel so good about it. It is the expecting validation upon actually sending it that ends up causing more pain.

do you best at no contact... I really think it is the best way.

I agree with Blimblam.  Composing is good, but don't compose it on a computer or smartphone by which you might actually send it.  You can write it on paper if you want, or just keep it in your head. 

I often compose messages in my head while in the shower.  This affords me a lot of time to compose very long messages, and invariably at some point I think "what is the point of telling her any of this?  She's never gotten it before and she won't now."  And then the urge is gone.
kc sunshine

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2014, 12:58:37 PM »

Hi, Thanks so much for the shower tip, it was totally helpful. Here's what happened:

She called and texted me yesterday, before I sent the email. I texted her back (I had mixed feelings upon seeing her text-- happy, relieved, and anxious/worried that it would lead to more fighting, all wrapped up into one) and then didn't hear back from her until this morning (my inner thoughts: is she on a date/seeing someone-- already?) In her text this morning, she apologized for getting in touch and that she wanted to remain in NC after all. It felt like someone had triple-kicked me in the gut. I was going to write an email back about how much it hurt, but I took a shower instead and then just wrote okay, with a little joke to it. I felt better letting it go like that. I'm still checking my texts a lot to see if she has replied though. Arghhh... .

Back to day 1, NC. (or this is still day 0 and tomorrow will be day 1?)

amigo

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2014, 03:28:55 PM »

It's ok kc, I am back to day one as well. Got a half-assed text and answered it. Now he is back to playing text games, as in, maybe or maybe not he wants to see me... .

Being on here, helps so much. Also I started a hand written journal. Take it with me everywhere. Yesterday I was soo tempted to send him a sappy, lovey text, instead I wrote it in my journal, texted a friend instead, and thought about what the most likely outcome of sending him the text would be: immediate relief of the anxiety and pain, but over time, more anxiety and pain. It's ok to keep checking your phone, the longer you stay NC, the less you feel compelled to look.

Hang in there, we are here for you. I so completely, utterly, totally understand what you are going through 
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest