Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 10:37:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shaking the misery - Being ready to accept others?  (Read 343 times)
Trog

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: September 15, 2014, 04:06:28 PM »

Hello

I'm new to the forum and although I am still in a lot of pain, I am at least 100% certain there is no going back. I seperated from my wife four months ago after a psychotic episode finally alerted me that things had gone beyond crazy, previously we had been thinking of starting a family, and were only married 18 months before this event just pushed me over the edge, even if I didn't have enough self worth to save myself I couldn't allow myself to bring a child into our messed up relationship (especially as the child of two parents with a messed up relationship).

I've the same story as many of you on here, I place a lot of value on being a "good" partner but none of the things I did, unless huge sacrifices that she requested, were greeted with the pats on the head i craved, the relationship was crazy making and I'm now left in a weird limbo world trying to remember what is right and wrong, what I used to like, picking up my old friends and trying to make new ones after being emotionally isolated. I'm certain I don't want to try again, I've been in and out of that relationship 3 times, but I just can't imagine, even inspite of clear emotional abuse that has left me a shadow of my former self and completely lost, I can't imagine being with anyone else, not physically, not emotionally, I'm just numb. I really want to make friends with people, but the thought of touching another woman, I just don't want to and I'm worried I'm going to feel that way forever.

How can I shake this? I don't want her, yet I don't want anyone else, and I'm very lonely. It's pretty miserable.
Tiepje3

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: divorcing

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 04:39:09 PM »

Well... .for one... .you're not lonely in the way you feel. I bet there are more people (besides me) that feel the same way you do. I also feel like I'm never going to meet someone like my uBPDstbxh (when he was 'good', cannot even think about having to be intimate with anyone else (they wouldn't be able to compare). It's a long road.

You have to go right through the grief and misery, there is no other way. But don't blame yourself for feeling miserable, it is part of the healing process.

A virtual hug for you. 

No relationship is ever a waste of time. If it didn't bring you what you want, it taught you what you don't want.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest