Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 05:17:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't afford to ignore
Depression: Stop Being Tortured by Your Own Thoughts
Surviving a Break-up when Your Partner has BPD
My Definition of Love. I have Borderline Personality Disorder.
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why would we want them back?  (Read 402 times)
ajr5679

« on: October 19, 2014, 09:48:52 PM »

Why do we want them back? 

Is it because of the lonely child that I see my mother in her ?

Is it because I have been in long term relationships with DBPD girl?

it is because of my addition to her because I was and still am addicted to her. she was really like a drug I do of did anything to have her.

is it because of my codependent ways.

I would love to here your stories of why you would want them back. and if we did get back with them what would happen do we feel it would last and we would be happy?
fromheeltoheal

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Broken up, I left her

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 09:53:17 PM »

One thing a borderline does is make us feel fully alive.  The intensity, the chaos, wonderful, stressful, terrible, but fully alive.  Is it the borderline we want back, or that feeling?  Best to remember the feeling, how good it feels to be fully alive, separate it from our exes, and go create that feeling elsewhere, sustainably and healthfully.
Blimblam

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 09:57:21 PM »

It's because crazy girls are the most attractive. Especially the waif/witch/hermit/siren. They live in a magical world where an archtypical fairy tale plays out over and over and it is intoxicating. It is the best feeling in this world and you want it to last forever.
Loveofhislife

Relationship status: Divorced

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 10:28:07 PM »

Hey AJR! Great question--I've been pondering this tonight--I'm surprised Blim didn't talk about the dance between darkness and light--I think there is something to that. And Heal... .I can actually remember using those words when I first experienced some rather innocuous npd's, "I feel alive!" AJR--lots of N's in my FOO--but it's stronger than that for me. I read some stuff that scared me in the narcissism literature--said some of us are inverted narcissists--that we don't feel alive without N in our lives. It is like a strong addictive drug for me. And to quote Huey Lewis, "I want a new drug!" I can remember telling my best friend about exbfBPD, "Well, at least he's not a narcissist." I am specifically going to ask my T your question Wednesday--because I don't want to go down this path again! Curious to hear how others will answer.
Blimblam

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 11:22:22 PM »

Hey AJR! Great question--I've been pondering this tonight--I'm surprised Blim didn't talk about the dance between darkness and light--I think there is something to that. And Heal... .I can actually remember using those words when I first experienced some rather innocuous npd's, "I feel alive!" AJR--lots of N's in my FOO--but it's stronger than that for me. I read some stuff that scared me in the narcissism literature--said some of us are inverted narcissists--that we don't feel alive without N in our lives. It is like a strong addictive drug for me. And to quote Huey Lewis, "I want a new drug!" I can remember telling my best friend about exbfBPD, "Well, at least he's not a narcissist." I am specifically going to ask my T your question Wednesday--because I don't want to go down this path again! Curious to hear how others will answer.

I spoke with a BPD witch this weekend and it is the first time I have been attracted to woman since my breakup. It's a like a drug for me.
peiper

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2014, 11:38:21 PM »

I asked my T about this and he replied that she sounded BPD with strong hpd and npd tendencies. Which he said was common.
myself

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2014, 11:59:01 PM »

Addiction to a dream that's kind of real can be very intoxicating.

Other reasons to try again are unfinished business. Love. Elusive familiarity and possible chances. It's also a way to escape from other things.
Perfidy

Relationship status: Divorced/18 years Single/5 months that I know of.

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2014, 05:38:45 AM »

The whole time , 7+ years, I wanted her GONE. When she finally left, I melted down. Other forces were active in my life at the time. It was a combination of events in my life. I'm free now. I feel better. There are better women. Women that are attracted to me because of me and not some need. I was with one last night and we had such good sex that I had to learn how to walk again today. Trust me, there's better. Freedom awaits you.
camuse

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2014, 06:25:14 AM »

Just remember this:

YOUR BPD WAS A HORRIBLE PERSON.

Keep remembering it.
MrConfusedWithItAll

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2014, 06:33:48 AM »

Just remember this:

YOUR BPD WAS A HORRIBLE PERSON.

Keep remembering it.

And still is.
going places

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: Divorced

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2014, 07:28:05 AM »

Why do we want them back? 

Is it because of the lonely child that I see my mother in her ?

Conditioning, patterns set in our minds since birth.

Control. No matter how bad the situation is, it's 'normal' and you have some 'sort of control'.

At the very least, you know what to expect.

Excerpt
Is it because I have been in long term relationships with DBPD girl?

Habit, addiction, a certain level of comfort in the 'known', fear of the 'unknown'.

Excerpt
it is because of my addition to her because I was and still am addicted to her. she was really like a drug I do of did anything to have her.

Habit, addiction, low self-esteem / self-worth.

Programming since birth wired our brains to accept abuse and abnormal relationships.

Excerpt
is it because of my codependent ways.

Low self esteem low self worth, programming since birth that 'we NEED' someone (or they NEED us) deep abandonment issues (being abandoned as a child and feeling deep fear along with it)

Excerpt
I would love to here your stories of why you would want them back. and if we did get back with them what would happen do we feel it would last and we would be happy?

I begged mine back. Pulled out all the stops.

COMPLETELY changed 'me' to be what HE wanted.

And once again, it was not 'enough'.

I was on the brink of self destruction... .

Each time (for 3 years) we recycled... .he made ALL these promises; these tearful confessions; the BIG talk of how he was gonna do this or that... .and he did, for two weeks. NEVER EVER more than 2 weeks. (he can only keep up the lie for 2 weeks)... .then things went right back to the way they were before.

There was NO happiness. Only 'bracing for impact'.

I WAS A FOOL to beg him back in 2011.

He dropped the veil and showed me the real 'him'... .and I should have ran then.

I wasted THREE YEARS of my life, and dragged the kids thru 3 more years of heartache and misery.

One of the worst decisions of my life.

I thought I was doing "the right thing" and I listened to the wrong people.

Ihope2

Relationship status: divorced

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2014, 07:58:35 AM »

I don't want him back, but I keep on having recurring dreams of him reappearing in my life and insisting that we are still married, or that he wants to get married to me again.    The other night I dreamt that he phoned me, and when I answered, he spoke a whole lot of gibberish and I had to say to him "I cannot understand you, I cannot understand a word of what you are saying to me".

I know this is besides the point, but it got me thinking that I really don't want him back, on the contrary, I seem to have this subconscious fear now of landing up in the same position again!
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest