Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 02, 2024, 04:39:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you make these horrible feels go away  (Read 346 times)
Left broken and confused

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: November 05, 2014, 02:48:50 PM »

I am having a really weak moment from having a good few hours earlier to now feeling like I need to pick up the phone and call him.  I went from ok to hurting so bad again within a few hours. I don't understand why I am waiting for him to come back to me when now I know he is sick. I still have it in the back of my head that I can help him with this and we can be happy again. The worst part is in his mind he may think I did something wrong. We ended a 4 year relationship without even a break up or an explanation. It is just all crazy to me and he has moved on with his life and I am stuck trying to pick up the pieces of my heart. No closure no explanation!
Aussie0zborn

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 03:46:08 PM »

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way. It's hard isn't it?

When we're caught up in the idealisation we can't accept that it didn't work when it SHOULD have worked. The fact is it can't work no matter how much we want it to or how much love, care and compassion we offer. We are really not qualified to help and apart from learning techniques to deal with a pwBPD there is nothing you can do to maintain the "happy" part of the relationship. In the mind of pwBPD it's always the other person's fault and you can't change that. 

When closure is not offered, you need to find it yourself. I found the lack of closure made it hard. By reading everything here I came to understand BPD better and this gave me the closest thing to closure that I was going to get.

These feelings subside over time. The trick is NC, keeping busy, and looking at what kept you in it for four years. Therapy might be good at this stage. In the meantime, hang in there - it does get better.
Left broken and confused

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 03:58:50 PM »

Thank you for giving me some hope.  I called a therapist today and I am hoping it will help. I was in a serious car accident in September so I'm not working and all I have is time to think. Sometimes the depression paralyzes me and I feel like I can't do anything. I wish I could hate him but instead I love him and feel terrible for him. He is a lost sole and he doesn't deserve the pain he has everyday.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest