Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 01, 2024, 07:10:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How BPD think?  (Read 351 times)
SlyQQ

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: November 24, 2014, 07:13:55 AM »

Interested on other peoples take on this as far as i can work they treat people like objects. A new car for example they see it an want it it is fast sexy makes them feel good. they kind of even love it ( many a teenagers first love afair is with there car)Once they have it they thrash it drive it as hard an fast as they can an take care of it as best they can over time though it starts to wear out its not as fast a few scratches ( you konw what i mean ) an they start thinking its time for a new car an start looking around maybe even take a few test drives. Then they start talking to there friends who dont quite understand " you loved that car how can you get rid of it they ask. bemused they realize other people dont think like them they play the game " oh that rotten thing it blows oil and breaks down all the time i never should have bought it honestly dont know why I ever did. then when they find a new car off they go as happy as larry Unfortunately its a person not a car and that can cause problems for them which can make them very angry and again it is something they dont understand and so it plays out.
antonio1213

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 08:44:14 AM »

I think my mom is BPD and my ex is BPD for sure. I think they are children in adults bodies, with the ability to learn adult things (ex:education, money, technical things).

I also heard a description of how they experience reality. A BPD said she experiences reality in segments instead of linearly. Also like a movie. When "your" scene is over its on to the next one for them. Just like a child with a new toy. Thats the best way I can understand it. They will get very excited and have fun with their toy but then it is off to the next one. They may look at the good times they had but only in the way a child would.

Everything is black and white for them. And everything is drama filled.

maxen
Retired Staff

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 08:57:16 AM »

BPD is a spectrum disorder, and some people have it more intensely than others. we have lots of posters w/BPD come here who are aware of their condition and are mortified at how they treat others and want to stop doing it. some on the other hand have little awareness, and can only blame others for their own actions and choices. my wife certainly treated me as the person whose job it was to supplete her emotional needs, but little more than that.

so pondering how "they" think won't necessarily illuminate how your SO thought SlyQQ. we have a video, What is BPD, which will help to explain the experience of having BPD.

Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 12:33:49 PM »

We have recovered pwBPD here who have posted info which can tell you from their perspective. Check out the link on Emotional Immaturity, especially the comments by A.J. Mahari, and also How it feels to have BPD.

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
SlyQQ

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 06:29:21 PM »

looking at practical perspective here not historical I know it is difficult to match up different frames of reference mainly interested i other peoples perspectives know the model i gave is flawed but easy to relate to personally I dont think BPDs ever "recover" like from a broken leg they learn how to mange things better but thats just me ( its more they realize what they are doing isnt working and change tactics which is good for everyone some things are so ingrained though it is hard to be brave and change especially if it is "working " for you
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest