Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 27, 2024, 04:39:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Before you can make things better, you have to stop making them worse... Have you considered that being critical, judgmental, or invalidating toward the other parent, no matter what she or he just did will only make matters worse? Someone has to be do something. This means finding the motivation to stop making things worse, learning how to interrupt your own negative responses, body language, facial expressions, voice tone, and learning how to inhibit your urges to do things that you later realize are contributing to the tensions.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Did your ex drive?  (Read 728 times)
Confused?

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: November 23, 2014, 08:44:32 AM »

Just curious if your ex had a liscense or not. Mine did not. She says she kept failing the text and made excuses that no one would take her even though I told her to make an appointment and I would take her. Then she said my car is too big (even though she wanted her first vehicle to be a truck Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)).
Bak86

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 08:50:32 AM »

She has a license. Got it after like 3 or 4 failed attempts. She no longer drives, too scared. Probably for the best.
Panda39

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex
Relationship status: SO and I have been together 9 years and have just moved in together this summer.

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 09:16:30 AM »

My SO's uBPDxw doesn't drive either.  She did at one time then got a ticket that she didn't pay and lost her license.  Later during their divorce she called the police on my SO (because she stole his laptop and wouldn't return it) and while there the police ran both of them through there system and surprise! she had a warrant out on her for the ticket.  She was carted off to jail... .sometimes there is justice. 

She is a Queen/Waif... .likes to boss/bully everyone but if that doesn't work she plays the victim.

4 years later she still doesn't drive "because her doctors haven't cleared her to drive" Her waif manifests itself in hypochondria... .physically there is nothing wrong with her.  Her friends buy the BS and have to drive her places... .the "Queen" loves the chauffeured rides. 

"Have you ever looked fear in the face and just said, I just don't care" -Pink
Raybo48

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 09:24:33 AM »

Yes mine did, but she needed to blow to start the car because of her DUI.  Thank god she had that because I can't tell you how many times she would get in the car and 'try' to drive only to have it fail her because she was completely trashed.
BrokenFamily

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2014, 09:30:45 AM »

Mine did not when I met her because she didn't have a birth certificate, social security card or even a family doctor for a physical. She had a mother that was more interest in random men and her bar stool than her daughter.

Being the care taker that I am I helped her obtain all she needed to get her license bought her a car and paid the insurance, registration and even put gas in it.

Since the breakup I'm now the bad guy and her mother is a saint? Go figure... .
willtimeheal

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Relationship status: Split 4-2013 trying to work it out

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2014, 09:32:22 AM »

My ex drives. Just got her second dwi so she won't be driving much longer. When we first met she crashed her car into a guardrail... .I am sure she was drunk but she said she swerved to miss a deer. I drove her around for six months ... .during that time she told me she was meant to be driven and she shouldn't drive.

hergestridge

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2014, 10:49:11 AM »

My exwife did drive (she still does). She's a good driver. Actually, she's overly concerned with rules and regulations which meant she was rarely on time because she would never hurry up. Likewise, she would refuse to drive if there was something wrong with the car, or if she suspected there was something wrong (which she did most of the time).

It was a recurring problem that her job, our house and our car was just not up to par in her mind, so she just sat down and went on strike or something. She did deserve better after all... .
guy4caligirl

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2014, 11:12:09 AM »

Mine did but every time she returns either a scratch or a bump or backing up into another car ... .and couldn't drive she was dangerous when  I looked up to insure her I found out she had a serious accident at fault I would not let use the car anymore .
Craydar

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic Partner

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2014, 11:18:24 AM »

Mine did drive. Poorly.
caughtnreleased

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2014, 11:22:48 AM »

no license, but he claimed to have stolen and driven cars in his more youthful days.  He was afraid to get his license because he didn't trust himself to be responsible   Lots of unsubstantiated claims with this guy though.

The crumbs of love that you offer me, they're the crumbs I've left behind. - L. Cohen
Fluff

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2014, 11:42:44 AM »

Yeah she drove. Mostly drunk. Definitely stoned. Constantly texting.

I don't have a license though. No need for one here.
mywifecrazy

Relationship status: Divorced

Picking myself off the canvas for the last time!

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2014, 11:49:38 AM »

Yes my uBPDxw drives, her driving record includes:

-Damaged my brand new pickup truck, by backing into a huge bolder

-Never put oil in same brand new pickup truck and engine blew

-Had numerous fender benders and full accident with brand new car I gave her. And I mean NUMEROUS!

-Totaled my MOM'S car on a vacation trip

-Since she left me she has TOTALED another vehicle

It was an   Idea aha moment Idea when I started researching BPD after she left and one of the markers was reckless driving!

It's funny because she thinks she's a good driver

MWC... .Being cool (click to insert in post)

The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all. (Psalm 34:18, 19)
fred6

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2014, 01:12:16 PM »

Mine actually drives OK. However, when she's pissed off or got things on her mind, she drives like a nutcake. Not to mention her having a full blown text conversation and browsing FB while driving. I don't normally buckle my seatbelt. But when she starts driving fruity, I buckle up en route to where ever we are going. Which of course got funny looks and comments like, "why are you putting your seatbelt on now"? To which I would think to myself, "Well duh, I don't want to die in a horrible fiery crash dumbass".
Heartbroken Eagle

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2014, 05:44:13 PM »

My ex did drive but she was very cautious, though she once got fined for speeding.

However she was a nightmare passenger. Always criticize and being overly nervous and shouting out, especially on motorways which was both dangerous and annoying. I would'nt mind but I'm a professional lorry driver... .
Earthbayne

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2014, 06:11:59 PM »

Mine actually drives OK. However, when she's pissed off or got things on her mind, she drives like a nutcake. Not to mention her having a full blown text conversation and browsing FB while driving. I don't normally buckle my seatbelt. But when she starts driving fruity, I buckle up en route to where ever we are going. Which of course got funny looks and comments like, "why are you putting your seatbelt on now"? To which I would think to myself, "Well duh, I don't want to die in a horrible fiery crash dumbass".

I was a bit "worried" when I saw no one's situation described my ex, until I read fred's. This was her exactly.

She would sometimes text me saying I shouldn't be texting and driving... .while she was texting and driving.
Shankz

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2014, 08:49:13 PM »

my ex don't drive at all.
CareTaker

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2014, 11:27:41 PM »

Nope, my ex didn't drive. At 34 she still had no licence. I offered to buy a car, when she gets the licence. But it just never happened.

That was the most frustrating bit. Driving her up and down. Dropping everything to fetch her from work, because of rain. Getting up at 2am to pick her and a friend up at a club.

Geez, where was my mind... .?     
Craydar

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic Partner

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2014, 05:00:10 AM »

Is this common? PwBPD not driving?  I can understand DUI's and wrecks but to not get a license at all unless you're in an urban setting like NYC, sounds peculiar.
willtimeheal

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Relationship status: Split 4-2013 trying to work it out

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2014, 05:57:53 AM »

Is this common? PwBPD not driving?  I can understand DUI's and wrecks but to not get a license at all unless you're in an urban setting like NYC, sounds peculiar.

It does sound peculiar but in all honesty who would have ever thought it?  I am blown away by these answers.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest