Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 29, 2024, 11:20:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
How to communicate after a contentious divorce... Following a contentious divorce and custody battle, there are often high emotion and tensions between the parents. Research shows that constant and chronic conflict between the parents negatively impacts the children. The children sense their parents anxiety in their voice, their body language and their parents behavior. Here are some suggestions from Dean Stacer on how to avoid conflict.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: He texted me today  (Read 343 times)
whythisgirl

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: December 24, 2014, 09:34:53 AM »

Its been NC a few days since he accused me of trying to hit him with my car... smh... .He texted me "Happy Birthday and have a blessed day!". I was really shocked to hear from him despite our last encounter. I responded back that it meant a lot to me that he wished me a hbd and to have a Merry Christmas. He didn't respond back. I was hoping he did but in the back of my mind I don't want him to. Its my day and I need to focus on myself drama free! Just need support not to have the urge to reach out to him.

Merry Christmas everyone!  
fromheeltoheal

Relationship status: Broken up, I left her

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 10:45:05 AM »

You're still engaging with him, which is understandable since it hasn't been very long and the holidays and birthdays tend to exaggerate emotions.  Best to make a list of all the unacceptable behaviors you chose to tolerate when you were in it, and read it and add to it as much as you need; it's a focus shift that may just keep you off the phone, and the amazing year that is 2015 is just around the corner.  Take care of you!
whythisgirl

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 10:52:07 AM »

You're still engaging with him, which is understandable since it hasn't been very long and the holidays and birthdays tend to exaggerate emotions.  Best to make a list of all the unacceptable behaviors you chose to tolerate when you were in it, and read it and add to it as much as you need; it's a focus shift that may just keep you off the phone, and the amazing year that is 2015 is just around the corner.  Take care of you!

Thank you! I was just making a list in my head... Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)

You have an amazing year as well!
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest