Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 20, 2024, 07:52:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Before you can make things better, you have to stop making them worse... Have you considered that being critical, judgmental, or invalidating toward the other parent, no matter what she or he just did will only make matters worse? Someone has to be do something. This means finding the motivation to stop making things worse, learning how to interrupt your own negative responses, body language, facial expressions, voice tone, and learning how to inhibit your urges to do things that you later realize are contributing to the tensions.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do I break NC to wish her a Merry Christmas?  (Read 753 times)
Xidion

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

« on: December 24, 2014, 11:34:11 PM »

I'm still undecided. I don't know if it's worth it. I would either get ignored, a Merry Christmas, or a You too. Is it worth breaking 25 days no contact over?

merlin4926

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 11:42:36 PM »

No! Either of those replies will make you feel worse.  Hold on to that bit of control I think we will all feel better for it x

neverloveagain

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 11:50:06 PM »

Hi xidion, in short no youve got 25 days under your belt keep it that way for your own sanity. It would only hurt yourself and put you back at square one. I wont lie i thought aboit doing the same thing im 8 months nc but there would be no point, my ex waif is someone completly different now. Why wish merry christmas to someone who hurt you and doesnt give a s hit. Stsy strong try and make the best of today.
MrConfusedWithItAll

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2014, 11:54:19 PM »

My advice is to retain NC.  We need to be breaking away from these toxic relationships.  Part of that process is making it clear to your ex that contact is not desired.  Sending a festive season message also sends mixed signals.  Contact leads to abuse.  No contact leads to peace.  Merry Christmas to all and I wish you all a Happy No Contacting day.
Xidion

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2014, 12:01:12 AM »

You guys are right. I will just try to concentrate on having fun with my family. Thanks for the support.

Splitblack4good

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2014, 12:05:36 AM »

I agree stay NC if you already have time served . My ex rang out mutuel freind yesturday as she knew were I was and as I'd blocked her now . Crying her eyes out down the phone as she had a stressful 2 days and had finally pushed away her 1 and only remaing freind . Now just left with my replacement who is feeling indifferent towards her now due to hiss freinds being the now p****d off ex  freinds of my exBPDgf ! Then hearing my voice wishing her and her kids a merry Xmas I think that's when it hit her the hardest . Stay NC if you can like others have said will only make you feel worse and back to the start you will go.

Merry Xmas everyone chin up stay strong and new year new start !
Infern0

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2014, 01:20:35 AM »

Absolutely not. I made the mistake of checking her instagram.  Big mistake. There she is smiling with her "true love" (who last month she cheated on with me and wanted to dump because she didn't love him and he was abusive and made her depressed) After that 30 minutes or so of rage from that little peek I learned my lesson again.

Stay no contact people,  just do it.
CloseToFreedom

Relationship status: Seperated since nov '14

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2014, 05:02:44 AM »

I'm trying hard to stay in NC as well. Nothing good will come out of wishing her a merry christmas. I will only end up feeling worse. Screw her, she can find other people to wish her a merry christmas.
GuiltHaunted

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2014, 05:28:48 AM »

Merry Christmas Xidion.   

25 days is not a long time, keep it up and it will get easier. I am 359 days NC today and 18 months past breakup. So you can imagine what happened last christmas.
Rise

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2014, 06:11:40 AM »

What are the potential positives that can come from it? What are the potential negatives? How to the two compare?
Recooperating

Relationship status: Broken up

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2014, 06:22:24 AM »

I posted this before... .My mantra these days:

Silence is better then Bullsh!t... .

Why give yourself the agony of sending a message and then worrying all the time what will come back? Checking your phone every 3 minutes and giving yourself that stress and anxiety. When staying silent will give you peace (somewhat at least).

Good luck Xidion, focus on your friends and family, people that truely love you and wont cause you drama or stress.

Happy holidays! 

NYMike

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2014, 06:48:43 AM »

I posted this before... .My mantra these days:

Silence is better then Bullsh!t... .

Why give yourself the agony of sending a message and then worrying all the time what will come back? Checking your phone every 3 minutes and giving yourself that stress and anxiety. When staying silent will give you peace (somewhat at least).

Good luck Xidion, focus on your friends and family, people that truely love you and wont cause you drama or stress.

Happy holidays! 

Thanks for this post.I was thinking about sending a Merry Christmas Too.I am going to continue NC TODAY.
CloseToFreedom

Relationship status: Seperated since nov '14

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2014, 07:07:26 AM »

Look at it this way: is she wishing you a merry christmas? No. So why should you? Obviously she doesn't think it is worth it, so why should you.
Xidion

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2014, 09:18:12 AM »

Look at it this way: is she wishing you a merry christmas? No. So why should you? Obviously she doesn't think it is worth it, so why should you.

You're right about that.

Seriously?

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2014, 09:27:48 AM »

I am fighting the urge, too. I am upset today because last year was our first and last Christmas together.  It started off bad because on Christmas Eve my text message self corrected and he thought I was saying I was outside when I was supposed to be home baking. We had a big fight over nothing, but did have a nice Christmas.  I apologized even though it was just a texting error and a person without BPD wouldn't have thought anything of it. Now, although I want to text him, I am trying to focus on how much energy I wasted on appeasing him all the time. It helps.
antelope

« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2014, 09:28:56 AM »

it's not Christmas... .it's Thursday... .and just like the other 6 days a week, I don't communicate in any way with my ex... .

I advise you to do the same  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)
willtimeheal

Relationship status: Split 4-2013 trying to work it out

« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2014, 09:37:59 AM »

it's not Christmas... .it's Thursday... .and just like the other 6 days a week, I don't communicate in any way with my ex... .

I advise you to do the same  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

Love it!  You're right!  It's Thursday!   Don't break NC!

MrConfusedWithItAll

« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2014, 01:27:58 PM »

It is very tempting to contact your ex.  The heart pines but this time we MUST allow our heads to rule over our hearts.  :)o not blacken your Christmas by attempting contact.  Chances are they will see this as extreme weakness and rub your nose in it.  These people are emotionally at the level of a three year old child and we know what savage cruelty children can demonstrate.  We accept this in children but we cannot accept it from our BPD ex's.  NC is a must.  Complete Radio Silence.  And if she or he contacts you - delete the text or do not answer the phone or both.  :)on't kid yourself she or he wants you back - they will move on to the next one on their friend zoned bench once you rebuff their moves.  At most they will want soothing and triangulation.  This is not about you at all.
Beach_Babe
Also known as FriedaB

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent
Relationship status: Single

« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2014, 01:32:04 PM »

No, don't do it. It wont be appreciated and will ruin YOUR holiday. They aren't worth that. Stay strong.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest