Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 29, 2024, 12:46:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't afford to ignore
Depression: Stop Being Tortured by Your Own Thoughts
Surviving a Break-up when Your Partner has BPD
My Definition of Love. I have Borderline Personality Disorder.
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I don't know how to be happy without him  (Read 517 times)
BreakingUpWithBPD

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: January 10, 2015, 12:33:35 PM »

I've really been struggling with depression for the past couple of days. I don't understand what happened. I felt like I was doing so well in the month after our breakup. We had no contact, and I was sad... .but I also felt free of his control. But now he's been contacting me (and I've been stupidly replying) and I feel like I need him and I feel like he's in complete control again. How does he do this to me? When I look at him I see a mess and I logically know he's wrong for me. But my heart doesn't know that. I'm currently sick and all I want is for him to show up with soup and movies to watch with me. And I'm mad at myself for wanting that. I just really sometimes don't see a future without him. I genuinely feel like he's the only person who has ever understood me and I'm not sure I'll ever find someone who will again. Maybe that's unreasonable. But I feel unreasonable right now. I feel unloved and lonely right now. I hate him for making me feel this way, but I also feel like he's the only person who could make me feel better. I don't know what to do.
Perdita

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: 5 years in

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 01:16:50 PM »

I'm so sorry that you are hurting so much.    I don't know why these feelings manage to sneak up on us just when we thought we were doing better.  I don't think there is a person on this board that can't relate to what you are feeling right now.  Yes, it is awful to feel that you have met your soul mate, that s/he turned out to be unstable and that this is now pretty much it for you.  I don't know what the future holds for you or for me.  All I know is that you've got to keep taking care of yourself.  Isn't there a friend that can come bring you some soup and a hug instead?  I know it is not the same, but don't cut yourself off from the love of the people that do care about you.  Romantic love it is not, but it is still love and you need that right now.

You were doing well before and will again.  It is to be expected that there will be times like this.  I'm bracing myself for mine, but thank goodness I know this board will be here for me. 

Take it easy on yourself.  Rest, get better.  I think being sick and in bed is aggrevating the situation for you.  Be good to yourself.   
Perdita

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: 5 years in

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 04:54:30 PM »

Are you feeling a little bit better today? 
Jo-Marie

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 09:10:49 AM »

Hoping you are ok. 

I just started a thread called when you feel you can't be happy without him:  coursework

because I feel just the same as you.  And the coursework helps.

Be strong
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest