Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 26, 2024, 02:35:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
VIDEO: "What is parental alienation?" Parental alienation is when a parent allows a child to participate or hear them degrade the other parent. This is not uncommon in divorces and the children often adjust. In severe cases, however, it can be devastating to the child. This video provides a helpful overview.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: She was having sex with other guys  (Read 380 times)
raunchylemonade
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: December 09, 2014, 04:15:35 PM »

Okay guys... .go easy on me please.  To give you a little background I am twenty five years old and very recently got into a relationship with someone I have known for about a month now.  This is the first relationship I have been in in five years.  My last girlfriend broke up with me and was seeing another guy while we were together so I decided to stay away from the dating game for awhile and work on improving myself and building up my confidence.  The girl I am dating, I shall call her Bree, could very well be bad news for me for several reasons.  I have had six total sex partners my entire life.  Most of those girls were girls I wasn't dating.  Bree and I had sex about two weeks ago.  

I enjoyed the night I spent with her but I immediately began questioning myself for what I had done with her considering we hadn't known each other very long.  I am the type of guy that views sex as something special, most of the women I have had sex with didn't consider it special so does that mean that something is wrong with me or just a result of my low partner count?  I asked Bree out one day and she told me she wasn't ready for a relationship but a week later she tells me she that she wanted to be my girlfriend if I still wanted her.  I did.

So now I am in a relationship again for the first time in years and it doesn't feel as amazing as I once thought it would.  I am completely unsure of the girl as I continued to find out more about her.  I know that she likes to flirt, she approached me first, which is more of a masculine thing than a feminine thing (I am told that the more masculine they come off the more likely they are to sleep around more, not sure how true this is).  She has had more partners than me at my age and she is only 18.  So obviously that number is going to keep going up right?  I found out from a couple of people that know her that she is notorious at school for being a slut, but I tried not to look into this too much because girls say this about each other a lot.  

Another thing that I feel is a very important deciding factor, is that she was in a relationship with a boy at her high school when we first started talking.  Eventually she told me that she was telling her boyfriend about me, which I asked her not too because I felt I was being used to make him jealous when we were just friends at that point.  Plus, I didn't want anyone coming after me if it ended, which obviously it did.  She broke it off with him four days before we had sex.  I should also say that while she was in this relationship with her boyfriend who is a virgin, she was having sex with other guys because "he can't give me what I need"  (her exact words) when I asked her why she was doing this.  The boyfriend was apparently okay with it and let it happen.  She did openly tell him that she was sleeping with other guys so does that make it anymore okay?  

So all through this time and these last two weeks.  She got kind of cold on me and I would text her but she wouldn't really put in any effort to really talk or hang out.  We see each other again and she tells me she wants to be my girlfriend, which I accepted because I still have feelings for her for some reason.  Knowing all of this about her I still decided to be in this relationship which I feel like is already meant to crash from the beginning.  All day at work I have spent thinking about whether or not this is right and whether or not I feel like I should give this girl a chance after not being in a relationship for awhile.  Anyone have anything to share or some helpful insight to help me figure out what I need to do?

Mutt
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 09:01:15 AM »

She was not reciprocating your texts I'm sorry. Can you give me a little more back story with her behaviors?

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
Blimblam

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 09:19:08 AM »

I cAn relate to the not having dated in a while then a young girl comes along and it felt special.  Like you I noticed red flags like that she had very quickly gotten out of a relationship.  Here is the thing it was when I transfered the "this feels special." And tied in my self worth to it.  The fact you are reaching out right now at the point you are now with what you describe seems like you are aware of all the red flags and logically you can see how the cards are stacked against this being a stable long term thing but it is that "special" that really has you enticed. 

I am not going to tell you what to do but I think you know the answer but perhaps there is some part of you saying this is special and I can make it work? Or if she sees what I see then it could work?
HostNoMore

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 10:10:49 AM »

Hi RL:

Excerpt
I should also say that while she was in this relationship with her boyfriend who is a virgin, she was having sex with other guys because "he can't give me what I need"  (her exact words) when I asked her why she was doing this.  The boyfriend was apparently okay with it and let it happen.  She did openly tell him that she was sleeping with other guys so does that make it anymore okay?

On the surface, she appears to be a very selfish and dysfunctional person.

1) She was having sex with other guys while in a relationship.  Who can give her what she needs? I would venture multiple available sex partners at her beck and call. Is this what you really want in a partner?

2) Did her boyfriend tell you that he was OK with being in an open relationship?  I'm guessing that she told you that.  I'd wager her boyfriend is clueless about her extracurricular activities. Do you want to be the clueless boyfriend replacement?

The fact that you are uncertain about the future of this relationship means you already know the answer intellectually.
raisins3142

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 10:31:41 AM »

I do not think this is a good person for you to get back into dating/relationships with, based only upon what you wrote and your concerns.

I would go slow and look for someone closer to your age and someone that has closer values, morals, and ethics.  This person might not be the most physically attractive (how often do things work out perfectly where someone "has it all"?), but they are more likely to help you grow and not hurt you and cause another lapse in confidence.   Also, you can date someone casually and not sleep with them while you are getting to know them.  Or you can hang out with multiple women as friends and look around and get comfortable.  If I could go back and give my 25 year old self some advice it would be "relax, slow down, look around, become friends with more people including women, don't be with someone that has very different values/morals".
raunchylemonade
Fewer than 3 Posts

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 07:25:58 PM »

Hey guys thank you for the replies but I actually broke up with her back in December and a lot more happened between us after that.  To answer your question yes she is the one that told me that her boyfriend was okay with it.  She could've been lying but I'm not certain, I had no contact with this guy because he is 15 and it was someone she was in school with.  I'm not sure about the title Laugh out loud (click to insert in post), the moderator here changed it, I have absolutely no idea if she cheated on me or not when we were dating.  It's possible.  She would never own up to anything she did anyway.  Really this thread didn't need to be bumped so since it was I'll go ahead and tell the rest of the story. 

I broke up with her late December, and she basically tried to play the victim.  I kept trying to "mend" things between us since we had to work together, by letting her know that even though we weren't together anymore I wanted us to be able to interact with each other so we wouldn't have any problems.  One of the nights we worked together I gave her a ride home from work and in the car I tried explaining to her that I didn't want to end our relationship but I waited and waited for things to change first.  They didn't.  She reacted by yelling at me and refusing to have a conversation about it.  She just sat there with her arms crossed.  Trust was definitely a big issue.  I felt like her telling me about her sexual past was a big mistake, as it was something that stayed in the back of my mind. 

One of the first red flags was when she was complaining to me about having to work, and I basically told her she may as well be thankful to be making money and she should start thinking like an adult.  Her reply was that she just wanted to have fun and that no one would ever stop her from having fun.  I asked her about what kind of fun she was referring to.  She just said "Parties" and I began to wonder then if this was really the right person for me.  There's nothing wrong with parties.  I was her age at one point and I did that stuff too but she already had shown me she wasn't trust worthy when she told me about the orgies with her and her room mate.  She would tell me two different things that she only got buzzed at parties then I had asked her if she liked to dance and her reply was "only when I'm drunk".

After we broke up she got into a relationship with a girl that lasted a few weeks, and then in one with a guy right after that that lasted for a few days.  I'm not sure what happened with either of these I just saw/overheard about them for the duration that we were working together.  She's really no longer in my life but we still texted each other while all of this went on.  She is a serial dater, and jumps in and out of relationships quickly.  Either the person leaves them or she leaves the other person.  I do have a fair idea of what happened with the guy, I went to his facebook and saw him moaning about not being able to trust someone anymore.  So if that gives anyone a good idea  Smiling (click to insert in post).

The only reason I kept in touch with her because she had a book (despite numerous people telling me NO don't continue talking to her and just forget the book)  of mine.  She refused to give me my book until I gave her a shirt back that she bought me.  She bought me this shirt after the first time we slept together back in November.  I wasn't keen on it since I got to pick out the shirt, and keyword she bought it for me.  She continually referred to it as "her" shirt.  I would tell her that I was ready to give it back and she would stall longer, to hold onto the book.  Then she called me the derogatory word for a black person and told me she only got with me to see if she really hated black people or not.  Personally I feel like she said these things out of bitterness, as she told a co-worker after I broke up with her that she really liked me 

I was finally able to get my book back but it was hard not to snap at her when she gave me my book back.  We didn't speak to each other and I haven't really seen her sense then but we have texted each other back and forth.  Nothing good by any means, but I'm doing my best to drop contact with her.  Just thought I would share the bits that were missing and fill in what happened after we broke up.  Thanks 
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest