Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 29, 2024, 07:19:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
How to communicate after a contentious divorce... Following a contentious divorce and custody battle, there are often high emotion and tensions between the parents. Research shows that constant and chronic conflict between the parents negatively impacts the children. The children sense their parents anxiety in their voice, their body language and their parents behavior. Here are some suggestions from Dean Stacer on how to avoid conflict.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Has anyone tried forgiving their EX to move on emotionally ?  (Read 785 times)
apollotech

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2015, 07:54:54 PM »

Wow, there is a lot of anger, resentment, hatred, hurt, etc. being expressed in this thread... .and that's understandable. We, us Non's, have been through the ringer. I feel for all of you, my brothers and sisters that unknowingly got swept into BPD chaos, myself included.

As I stated above in another post, Forgiveness is as beneficial to the Forgiver as it is for the Forgiven. You control--who, when, why-- when you choose to forgive someone. It is an empowering act/gesture that you give, you control. It tells the transgressor that you have moved beyond them and their transgression against you. They, nor their transgression, no longer have/has control in YOUR life. Forgiveness is an impenetrable shield. It takes all power away from the transgressor.

The Forgiver is also freed from anger, hurt, resentment, etc. in the Forgiving process, if it is true Forgiveness from the heart and soul. It is an act of self-love. Forgiveness is not an act of denial and forgetting: it is an act of recognition and knowing.

Hi can I ask about you? You seem very intuitive? I have been on a daily road of forgiveness ITS not worth being a angry, resentful, jealous, bitter, vindictive person. My ex's ex husband resented me with every cell never could smile, never could try to hold a kind conversation, always tried to trigger my ex which wasn't hard, ( I mean his tactics were remedial and shed bite every time unless I gave her a huge lecture), I mean most people would see thru such stupid stuff like... .an ex trying to bad mouth new partner ... .not her she question is he right?, or WOW he said this, Just like are you serious you dont just see he is trying to play you... .anyway that must be the toddler thing emotionally.

I pray I forgive I pray I forgive... .Im not even as mad as I was. In fact I wish them all well. Im in a better place and I will continue to be the person I am not WHO I was projected as by her, her ex, her ex friends. This is ALL a mentally twisted situation I was in and now Im not.

christin5433,

I am not sure that I am intuitive. I realized in my fiasco that a crazy person was flying the plane. That simply was not going to work, so I had to take the steps to put on my parachute and bail out. It was a difficult decision and a difficult process. I could have easily married this woman if she would have been well and receptive to the union. She and I go way back, all the way to HS. We had been sepetated for 32 years when we once again found one another. I had no idea that she was/is sick with a mental disorder.

When the relationship tanked, I had no option other than to forgive. That was the only way that I could move forward. More importantly, this woman, my BPDexgf, was a very dear and close friend to me at one time. It would not be right for me to hold her illness against her. At one time in my life I would have gladly hung the moon for her. I deeply value her role in my life. I value greatly the friendship that we once had. I cannot/will not displace those memories with anger, resentment, hate, hurt, etc. I won't make that deal. Forgiveness was/is the only option that allows me to retain that part of her within me. I will not forsake her there as well. Having to forsake a friend in real life was/is quiet more than one should ever be asked to do.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest