Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 29, 2024, 02:29:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't afford to ignore
Depression: Stop Being Tortured by Your Own Thoughts
Surviving a Break-up when Your Partner has BPD
My Definition of Love. I have Borderline Personality Disorder.
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: anybody gone through physical withdrawls from your BPD?  (Read 365 times)
michel71

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: May 13, 2015, 03:18:12 PM »

Emotionally it's hell, but has anybody gone through what I can only describe as "physical" withdrawls? I have never thank God had to detox from a substance but from what I heard your body feels like its turning inside of itself, writhing in some sort of internal physical way, something kinda beyond anxiety attacks, fast heartbeats or high blood pressure. I have woken up for several mornings now feeling like I am physically withdrawing from her as well as emotionally withdrawing. Has anybody felt this?
CloseToFreedom

Relationship status: Seperated since nov '14

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 03:23:31 PM »

Well, its difficult to really pinpoint, but when your mind is in a lot of stress, of course your body reacts to that too. The mind and boy are inseperatable and will react to one another. I know that when I was at my lowest, and really depressed and trying to 'kick the habit', I found it just as if not more difficult than when I was going cold turkey from drugs years ago. So I def. can see the recemblance.

Stress is absolutely a factor with high blood pressure and faster heart beats. And it is my opinion that cancer can form because of a lot of stress or emotional pain as well. Not saying that is the only cause of cancer, far from it, but I really believe it can be a cause.
Mutt
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 03:59:52 PM »

when your mind is in a lot of stress, of course your body reacts to that too

Hi michel71,

I'm sorry to hear that. I can relate with the anxiety and faster heart beats. I was also getting panic attacks for a short time and I think it was because of being separated from the kids. I lived with everyone for several years and to find myself living alone with no reasonable access to the kids was really hard for me.

I also got sick with bronchitis for several weeks; recovered and it came back. So I was sick with bronchitis for around three months   I had not been sick like that in all my life and I hadn't gone through emotional trauma and separation and divorce before too.

I think it was because I was under a lot stress and it affected my immune system. It all happened weeks after she left. I was worried for my health with my heart and went and visited an MD. Have you visited a MD for your heart and blood pressure?

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
DyingLove

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 04:16:03 PM »

Yep. It's not an illusion. Mutts point is good too.

Immune system gets messed up: more sickness over and over.

Nervous system: weakness, Fear, anxiety, panic attacks, shaking/tremors.

Digestive problems: irregularity, weight loss, weight gain etc.

Headaches, cloudy foggy mind, aches and pains in joints and body, feeling cold/blood circulation, lack of libido, hunger, thirst, burning stomach/gut, palpitations. Blurry vision, etc.

Depression, mood swings, sadness, crying, hopelessness, ruminations, can't sleep, can't wake, etc.

I've had all of them at least being with the ex as well as during the breakup.

They ARE clearing up and becoming less and less though.
zundertowz
Formerly thirdeye

Relationship status: Broken up

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2015, 04:21:13 PM »

My anxiety actually went down a ton when I was away from my ex... .but the depression hit a few weeks after and the obsessive thinking and reliving the past hasn't stopped yet. I also get the occasional nightmare where my ex appears.  I feel more like ive been mugged or went thru a war rather than loosing the love of my life.
Lucky Jim

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2015, 04:33:24 PM »

Yes, definitely.  Put on weight and my blood pressure shot up.  Could barely get out of bed one day due to exhaustion.  Like Mutt, I suffered anxiety from being separated from my kids.  I was also extremely depressed and had to change medications, which was excruciating.  Thought I would die.  Also had weird symptoms, like foot pain so intense that I regularly walked in snow barefoot (it was Winter) in an effort to relieve the aching.  Months later, the foot pain went away as mysteriously as it arrived.  All stress-related, I'm sure.  Still get the occasional nightmare involving my Ex.  So you are not alone, my friend.

LuckyJim

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
George Bernard Shaw
Invictus01

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2015, 05:27:42 PM »

-Lost 15 lbs in about 6-8 weeks 'cause I couldn't eat or sleep, maybe had a bowl of soup every other day, couldn't even think about eating anything solid

-Had a few days where I literally couldn't make myself roll out of the bed for a long time, till noon or so. I'm a guy who is normally out of the bed by 6-7 am.

-Couldn't concentrate on anything, like my brain turned into jello

-Couldn't really do any work either because I couldn't concentrate

-Nutty break downs where I was on the ground just crying my eyes out.

Anyway, yeah... .It was fun... .
michel71

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2015, 08:47:07 PM »

Headaches, cloudy foggy mind, aches and pains in joints and body, feeling cold/blood circulation, lack of libido, hunger, thirst, burning stomach/gut, palpitations. Blurry vision, etc.

Depression, mood swings, sadness, crying, hopelessness, ruminations, can't sleep, can't wake, etc.

I HAVE ALL OF THOSE that you mentioned. Add to that recurrent sinus infections and constant fatigue.
DyingLove

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2015, 09:20:58 PM »

I HAVE ALL OF THOSE that you mentioned. Add to that recurrent sinus infections and constant fatigue.

Funny you said that... .YES, I have the sinus infection, constant exhaust type smell in my nose... .oh you mean fatigue isn't normal?  LOL
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest