Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 03:37:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
How to communicate after a contentious divorce... Following a contentious divorce and custody battle, there are often high emotion and tensions between the parents. Research shows that constant and chronic conflict between the parents negatively impacts the children. The children sense their parents anxiety in their voice, their body language and their parents behavior. Here are some suggestions from Dean Stacer on how to avoid conflict.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what imprints did you leave?  (Read 350 times)
confusedinWI

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: May 07, 2015, 04:10:57 PM »

So my ex gf used to always complain because I slept with the fan on. I lived in our apartment for two weeks after we broke up. Some of the time I would sleep at my parents and I took the fan.

The next night id come back I noticed the ex had a box fan next to the bed. I asked her about it because she always complained about it. She said she needed the noise and made her think of me. I thought it interesting.

What imprints did you leave behind on your ex
Irish Pride

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 04:41:45 PM »

So my ex gf used to always complain because I slept with the fan on. I lived in our apartment for two weeks after we broke up. Some of the time I would sleep at my parents and I took the fan.

The next night id come back I noticed the ex had a box fan next to the bed. I asked her about it because she always complained about it. She said she needed the noise and made her think of me. I thought it interesting.

What imprints did you leave behind on your ex

Intervention 

It doesn't matter what imprints we left behind. There's no solace in it, IMO. The relationship is OVER. It's DONE. Let them live their life on their own terms. IMO, you're fixating on what the ex thinks of you. It doesn't matter, anymore. I can relate so bad, it almost hurts. What legacy did I leave behind? Did she learn anything from me? From our relationship? Point blank, it simply doesn't matter. I don't mean to be so blunt, but it's my opinion. Maybe she did, maybe she didn't. Right now, it's all about YOU. Fixing YOU. Helping YOU. Taking care of YOU. You've done your part, tried the best you can. It's time to leave her to her own devices and concentrate on your own. Fixate on YOU and leave the rest in the dust. Ruminating on what you "left behind", IMO, is a road to nowhere. We don't think like they do, so we cannot conceive ANYTHING in their thought process.

I truly don't mean to be so blunt, but this is how I feel about this. All the best!
cosmonaut

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 02:19:05 PM »

I helped her out with some very serious medical problems - most especially financially assuming the costs.  I don't regret that at all.  I think that's one positive impression I left.

I also tried very hard to help her with her substance abuse, depression, PTSD, and eating disorder.  I had somewhat limited success, but perhaps it made an impression.  I'd like to think it helped.  I've heard that she's been in therapy, which in itself is a monumental step for her.  That gives me hope and happiness.  I want her to be well - I always have.
Bassoutcast

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2015, 05:19:34 PM »

Helped her beat anorexia, patched things up with her family (which in retrospect she's been triangulating me with, so as long as I'm a devil in her eyes, like now, they're doing great), got her motivated to go back and get her high-school diploma finally (she didn't pass math), encouraged her to pursue her life-long dream of studying (then teaching) art, and most importantly - taught her how to love, how to kiss, basically what a relationship is... .and she taught me that as well, which is why I'm so terrified of finding someone new, "normal" - I have no idea how relationships are outside of this one b/c she was my only one... .I'm often very lonely, find myself craving affection, someone to cuddle with and share my day... .plus, I'm picky as hell... .
zundertowz
Formerly thirdeye

Relationship status: Broken up

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2015, 10:18:34 PM »

Helped and encouraged her to start a business which basically supports her 2 children... .when I met her she couldnt support herself or her children.  Its amazing to me that this is glossed over and she could still try and ruin my life... .ugh this is the worst thread ever Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest