Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 01, 2024, 10:22:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
VIDEO: "What is parental alienation?" Parental alienation is when a parent allows a child to participate or hear them degrade the other parent. This is not uncommon in divorces and the children often adjust. In severe cases, however, it can be devastating to the child. This video provides a helpful overview.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Re connecting  (Read 371 times)
BGAK

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: May 20, 2015, 05:32:49 PM »

I am currently in the cycle of non communication with my partner.

Every month or so I get the "I can't do this" after her being amazing for the balance of the month.

Trying to employ new strategies for re-connection - usually I pull away for anything from a week to 2 months most recently. Just come off an amazing 4-weeks where I was made to feel appreciated and loved to nothing in the space of 12hrs.

My feelings are that I don't want to smother her and find leaving her alone for a while helps but it causes distress for me. I care for her and I want to check that she is ok but am often fearful or her response or lack of response.

I want to be supportive and understanding but not sure quite how to? I have found the best strategy prior to send a message or email something like "Hey, how are you? Are you enjoying 'Blah blah' book?" (she loves to read so I send books to her Kindle) Ie. I try to send a message that a. conveys that I am thinking about her and b. trying to engage her without twisting her arm into talking to me.

I have only recently come to the forum and having been soaking up as much as I can- there is a lot here! I am very much on the cusp of staying or going in regards to the relationship.

Mike-X

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: living apart

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 08:32:52 PM »

Welcome

I am sorry that you are in the cycle of non-communication. How has she been responding to your probes with the books?
BGAK

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2015, 10:15:46 PM »

Welcome

I am sorry that you are in the cycle of non-communication. How has she been responding to your probes with the books?

Hi Mike,

usually well. But as the classic expression says I am "walking on eggshells" it's a tough existence.

I always am guessing the appropriate leave time as I am fearful of pushing her away.

Recently I had no contact for 2 months just to see if you she would reach out, she didn't. I also need this time to get my head straight.

I messaged her and then there was a tsunami of affection, caring, expensive dinners and almost daily catching up - actually seeing her. "I am so glad you got in contact with me again"
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest