Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 01, 2024, 05:38:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
How to communicate after a contentious divorce... Following a contentious divorce and custody battle, there are often high emotion and tensions between the parents. Research shows that constant and chronic conflict between the parents negatively impacts the children. The children sense their parents anxiety in their voice, their body language and their parents behavior. Here are some suggestions from Dean Stacer on how to avoid conflict.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Something I can never send but want to say to my uBPDxfiance  (Read 333 times)
dobie

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: June 02, 2015, 04:04:45 PM »

When it gets too much ... .

When life overwhelms you

When people let you down

When fear rises

When you need a hand

When no one understands

When your scared

When you feel alone & betrayed

When no one understands

I'm here always

Dobie x

Ripped Heart

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 09:35:34 PM »

Dobie, that is really beautiful and I know exactly where you are coming from.

The reality of the situation though is that they probably know, which is why they choose to put that distance between us. I know with my exBPDgf that she knew and the more she knew I was one of the only few that understood her, the more she would get upset and the more distant she became. It was more like an element of shame or embarrassment on her behalf because I was someone who saw behind the mask, accepted her for who she was but she couldn't accept herself for who she was.

She is still a part of my life even now, still sends me texts to let me know how she is getting on and what she is up to. It's both sad and difficult at times because I'm the person she reaches out to contact when she wants to be real or when she is breaking down because she still wears the mask for everyone else.

When I made the decision to stay friends with my exBPDgf, people on here quite rightly questioned what I expected to benefit from it. Friendships, as are relationships are based around mutual respect. Reaching out and remaining in contact with a pwBPD after a relationship will always just be one way and it is difficult at times because I do care for my exBPDgf but I also understand the reality of the situation enough to know I would never go back.

So based on what you said in your post, what would you hope to accomplish if you were able to say those things and what would your expectations be overall?
dobie

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 07:38:20 AM »

I don't think id accomplish anything  but further devaluation and loss of self respect tbh

What id like is a sense of mutual understanding and to be valued as a friend

No chance in the real world of course

As to why would I want that simply because she meant a lot to me and to think I mean nothing to her simply hurts
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest