Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 27, 2024, 05:51:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Her birthdays' coming up  (Read 450 times)
dobie

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: June 27, 2015, 11:39:30 AM »

She is about to turn 30 next month

Part of me wants to send her a card the part that still loves her and misses her the other part of me does not the part that was discarded and devalued the part that was smashed to pieces by her cruelty .

Thoughts ?
AwakenedOne

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 12:09:30 PM »

Hi Dobie,

My opinion is don't send her a card.

Considering what you have been through with her I don't think it is in your best interest.

Maybe take the 5 dollars you would of spent on the card and give it to a homeless person instead? Good chance that the homeless person would appreciate it more right? Donate it at church or just wait for a windy day and throw it up into the air to flutter and fly in the wind to the person that should have it.

Are you seeing any good at all from being away from her? It took me a while to see the good of her exit from my life. I view mine as a dark cloud that I escaped from involuntarily. The rain water that came out of the cloud was actually upon further observation acid rain.

dobie

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 01:26:55 PM »

I suppose in some ways I should be thankful but its hard when your s/s nearly cost you your life your savings your sanity your job etc

And then leaves you to somehow swallow the anger and hurt

I truly don't take anything positive from the r/s considering how it turned out it has been without a doubt the most destructive event in my life the most damaging and the one that has left scars and wounds that may never fully heal .

The rain cloud lifting would be karma biting her in the a%%

Untill then I have to just deal with all the c%%p she has caused and try and make some sort of better life .

UserName69
AKA double_edge, Mr.Jason, Bradley101

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 03:39:24 PM »

Don't do it, I was in the same situation. Her bday was coming and I already ordered a bouquet for her, at the time when we broke up I couldn't cancel the order so she received them. She didn't even care, she just remided me why I started to hate her and why I started to hang around with an another girl who is now my girlfriend. Now when I think back I tell myself I could spend that money on a fine hand rolled premium Cuban cigar.  Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)

What you need to do is to forget about her, sending her that card will only slow you down in the process of healing because you're going to think about her and what she thinks about the card. Keep NC and move on, one day you'll find someone who deserves that card!
rotiroti
formerly neveragainthanks

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2015, 03:45:09 PM »

Hi Dobie,

My opinion is don't send her a card.

Considering what you have been through with her I don't think it is in your best interest.

Maybe take the 5 dollars you would of spent on the card and give it to a homeless person instead? Good chance that the homeless person would appreciate it more right? Donate it at church or just wait for a windy day and throw it up into the air to flutter and fly in the wind to the person that should have it.

Are you seeing any good at all from being away from her? It took me a while to see the good of her exit from my life. I view mine as a dark cloud that I escaped from involuntarily. The rain water that came out of the cloud was actually upon further observation acid rain.

I will agree with everyone else here -- don't do it.

Not to hijack the thread, but wanted to ask AwakenedOne. How long did it take for you to recover?
dobie

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2015, 04:33:29 PM »

Thanks I know your all correct just wanted the validation not to send her the card
Mutt
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2015, 08:51:06 PM »

Hey Dobie,

I understand you got your validation and I just wanted to say I can relate. My ex had her 30th when she left and I felt like I missed out because it was her milestone. I also wanted to say that I think it's normal to have triggers around anniversaries and holidays too in the first year. I think for many it gets easier after getting all of the holidays behind without our ex patrners and time / distance helps.

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2015, 10:07:37 PM »

It sounds like your feelings towards are are compartmentalized. These are natural feelings for a person who likely has a compartmentalized personality. Do what's healthy for you. Sending a card denotes attachment.

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest