Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 25, 2024, 10:48:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Beware of Junk Psychology... Just because it's on the Internet doesn't mean it's true. Not all blogs and online "life coaches" are reliable, accurate, or healthy for you. Remember, there is no oversight, no competency testing, no registration, and no accountability for many sites - it is up to you to qualify the resource. Learn how to navigate this complicated arena...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Doing A Favor For The Ex  (Read 419 times)
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« on: June 29, 2015, 07:56:29 PM »

I suppose I can't get out of this one. She handed me a form this afternoon. I have to write and sign (notarized) an affidavit stating how much child support I give to her each month. Her new husband (my replacement, the affair partner) is moving into her government subsidized apartment. The managers need me to add him to the lease so I have to redo this form, apparently. I suppose it doesn't make me angry like a year ago (though then I was happy, because it meant only days before she could move out), but it still bugs me. She said, "I know you have to go see a notary and you work. I'll pay for the fee." I'll accept that. The old Turkish would have said, "Oh, don't worry about it. It's only $10 or $20." I should charge her my time off work   "So when do you need it?" "As soon as possible." Meaning, tomorrow.

I know the dude's only 25, but he just graduated with a BS degree (in a field where jobs are hard to get... .  a co-worker's son just got the same degree and he can't find a job in one of the best job markets in the US). I know I'm older, but I only have an AA, yet I also have a technical certificate which helped me leap ahead over the years, because it was a niche skill. I looked ahead and obtained something that enabled me to get a job even in a recession, despite what my mom was saying back then (and who hindered more than helped).

For them, I still feel like I'm an enabling parent in a way. Yet the logical part of me says, "as long as she's stable, it's better for the kids, and less headaches for me."

T-minus 15 years and counting until I can blow this pop stand.  my baggage

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
Dutched

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Divorced

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 05:35:31 PM »

Turkish

I am not familiar with the US legal system but just hope I understand what you are saying, so correct me if I am wrong.

Ex asked you to sign an affidavit stating the amount child support you give.

I can understand that one, questioning however is this is her only way.

I just think about the court papers that she herself can have notarized (assuming the amount is mentioned).

Just think about exw’s bank statements that shows the amount you paid. Can’t exw have those statements notarized by herself? (if accepted)

Then you write ‘the manager need me to add him to the lease’ 

Does that imply that:

You and exw are both on the lease agreement?

That you in writing must agree that ewx’s guy is added on the lease contract?

That you, subsequently will be removed? If so I really think it is important of course.

As for the kids, I fully understand your problem! The anger towards you will be projected onto the kids. I

Effectively they are punished while mom tries to punish you.

And 15 yrs to go is a long time, special to keep the kids emotionally as healthy as possible and meanwhile

taking care of your own wellbeing and future.

For years someone I loved once gave me boxes full of darkness.
It made me sad, it made me cry.
It took me long to understand that these were the most wonderful gifts.
It was all she had to give
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest