Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 03:16:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Before you can make things better, you have to stop making them worse... Have you considered that being critical, judgmental, or invalidating toward the other parent, no matter what she or he just did will only make matters worse? Someone has to be do something. This means finding the motivation to stop making things worse, learning how to interrupt your own negative responses, body language, facial expressions, voice tone, and learning how to inhibit your urges to do things that you later realize are contributing to the tensions.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: recent break up  (Read 405 times)
silver surfer

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: June 12, 2015, 01:15:08 PM »

hi all, my ex left 2 weeks ago and says it's over and it's all my doing, although she acknowledges she has BPD. she was diagnosed some years back.

she is self medicating with drink and drugs.

it is totally heartbreaking. constant lies, avoiding contact and any help.

we were together for 6 years.
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2015, 07:38:37 PM »

Hello silver surfer,

Welcome

It must be frustrating to have an answer, but for she to turn back to her illness by self-harming rather than seeking treatment.

Is there any sense that she may initiate contact? It's not guaranteed, but it may happen. A cold cut-off is rare, though it depends upon the person and each situation, of course. What do you know about BPD, and how can you best engage her if she contacts you again? Take a look at the tools to the right of the board--> to start. Learning about what's going on inside of her is a good first step to understanding what you are dealing with, and how to best respond.

Turkish

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
silver surfer

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 08:27:46 AM »

Hi all, another 2 weeks on and learning loads from you all.

I'm trying really hard to step off the roller coaster but still find myself drawn in to a degree.

I discovered via the internet that she exBPD has a replacement who lives in another country, internet lover, and is now apparently engaged to be be married to him ?

She continues to devalue me along with claims that i really need professional help.

I've moved all her belongings out and cut contact which seems to annoy her greatly, but i have decided to move on as best i can.

I cant help but wonder as to whats real and what isn't for her ?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks to one and all nons.

Lucky Jim

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 09:20:48 AM »

Hey silver surfer, Welcome!  I'm sorry to hear what you've been through.  As to what is real or not real for her, I doubt you will figure it out and probably waste a lot of energy in the process.  I'm sure it doesn't feel like it right now, but I predict that at some point you will be happy to have parted ways with your BPDx.  It's hard, I know, but it's time to step off the roller coaster.  Or you could say, time to paddle in.  You can drown in the BPD wave.

LuckyJim

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
George Bernard Shaw
jac8949
Formerly jac5073

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 09:38:47 AM »

hi all, my ex left 2 weeks ago and says it's over and it's all my doing, although she acknowledges she has BPD. she was diagnosed some years back.

she is self medicating with drink and drugs.

it is totally heartbreaking. constant lies, avoiding contact and any help.

we were together for 6 years.

Congratulations.  I am envious of you.  If she really has BPD this is the luckiest break you will ever get in your entire life.  Run.  :)ont look back.  If your lonely find another girl... that will get your mind off of things and make it easier...

Now are you sure that she really has BPD... .I could definitely 100% be wrong... .but my experience is this-

1- BPD's do not leave... .yours did.  They typically stay until some sort of violent altercation occurs.

2- BPD's typically won't acknowledge that  they are sick.

Now if she is a drug addict or alcoholic or both... .that so much easier to fix... .but either way... .not your problem...

Congrats!
jac8949
Formerly jac5073

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 10:45:56 AM »

Hi all, another 2 weeks on and learning loads from you all.

I'm trying really hard to step off the roller coaster but still find myself drawn in to a degree.

I discovered via the internet that she exBPD has a replacement who lives in another country, internet lover, and is now apparently engaged to be be married to him ?

She continues to devalue me along with claims that i really need professional help.

I've moved all her belongings out and cut contact which seems to annoy her greatly, but i have decided to move on as best i can.

I cant help but wonder as to whats real and what isn't for her ?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks to one and all nons.

Hey I posted something earlier for you... .but it was removed... I tried to make a light of the situation... .you know a little joke... at any rate... just stay on the path you are on.  Be strong.  If you have decided that you will have no contact with her... .then back that up with some action and DONT contact her.     
silver surfer

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2015, 09:37:04 AM »

Hi, thanks for your input.

She was diagnosed with BPD some years ago after spending a week in a mental health hospital.

She has suffered with psychosis to.

I found out that the replacement was in her life before she left, (her email is still on the home pc)

I have been accused of threatening her with violence which is untrue ? I went to kiss her once and was accused of putting my hands round her throat ?

I personally am in recovery, 14 years, so wouldn't tolerate alcohol or drugs in the house.

I am in the process of removing all her property from my home and am experiencing a lot of hostility from her.

Trying my best to move on, she turned up at my home the other night, i wouldn't let her in and she only left once i called the police, she was verbally abusive.

I'm begining to find myself again which is fantastic, my heart is healing  Being cool (click to insert in post)
satahal

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2015, 12:25:11 PM »

Silver Surfer,

I hope I don't come off as insensitive but I'm jealous that your's left. I wish mine would go of his own accord.

It sounds like you're in a good place and feeling optimistic - congratulations?

What do you think helped you most in terms of disengaging - how did you get yourself back or protect yourself while you were still with her?

S
silver surfer

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2015, 03:07:35 PM »

Hi samanthal,

a few close friends who i could be open with and a lot of prayer.

Whilst i was still with her i was totally lost in it.

It's only 5 weeks so far and a lot of my thinking is still around her, i find if i just get on and do things it helps a lot and i don't beat myself up anymore.

I've read a lot of self help stuff too.

I hope things improve for you too.

Regards.
satahal

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2015, 05:05:16 PM »

Thank you!

It makes sense that reconnecting with old friends and keeping busy would strengthen you. I'm going to begin that process now.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest