Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 11:51:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I worry about internet stalking  (Read 382 times)
healingslowly12

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other

« on: July 18, 2015, 09:08:26 PM »

So they get rid of us then block us on all social media (painted black?).  :)o you think they still stalk you?  I don't want to block back because I think it's immature and shows I cared but I also don't want them seeing my stuff.
once removed
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 09:12:20 PM »

"I don't want to block back because I think it's immature and shows I cared but I also don't want them seeing my stuff."

whats the important thing for your recovery? are you peeking and having trouble with doing so? which is more important, your sense of privacy, or your views about blocking being immature? ill admit, i felt similarly; i didnt want to make any overt actions, and i never blocked, but i had a lot of trouble not peeking (peeking isnt wrong, its about the extent to which its detrimental when doing so).

yes, my ex and i both still peek occasionally.

and I think it's gonna be all right; yeah; the worst is over now; the mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball…
chill1986

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 03:07:51 AM »

There is no doubt in my mind that she stalks me, she said something to me not long ago that she would only know through stalking me on FB. I think it's the reason she hasn't unfriended me, or one of the reasons anyway.

As for stalking back, I used to, but I haven't logged on FB for a while and not checked her Twitter either. It's a trigger for me, especially when I see her post stuff and pictures of events we were supposed to be going to together. Out of sight, out of mind.
greenmonkey

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 03:21:21 AM »

I was different I got rid of her suddenly and swiftly.

Does she stalk me over the Internet - yes very much so. I got rid of her nearly 9 months ago - at the end of this month - and she is still creating fake FB profiles to try and look at my two accounts. Both accounts are on lock down i.e. you can only see my profile picture, you cannot message me or add me as a friend - and she has created upwards of 30 plus profiles to try and access my account.

She created a fake one and tried to add my daughter - luckily she is very savvy and did not accept.

She is blocked on LinkedIN but has got her 'friends' to try and check me out - again account on lockdown.

I have no interest in her on her 'friends' and have no wish to see anything related to her. Initially for my own privacy everyone she knew was blocked, after 4-5 months I unblocked everyone as I wanted to see what they did next.  Before I moved she would turn up at the house at all hours ranting and raving and trying to use her kid to get to me so stalked me at home too. Luckily I work all over so no fixed workplace so she could not turn up there.

I have a log that has run for the last 5 months of all her fake accounts and 'friends' on FB which is ready to be handed over to authorities if she turns up at my house - which also has CCTV.

Beach_Babe
Also known as FriedaB

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent
Relationship status: Single

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2015, 03:58:46 AM »

I'm blocked everywhere. I doubt mine checks or cares. There is new supply now. I'm not useful any longer.

chill1986

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2015, 04:15:13 AM »

I don't think that's true, why block if they don't care/are indifferent.

They won't suddenly forget about you. Even though in my case my ex broke up with me, I think she is having a harder time since than I am. I think this could be the case for many BPDs. Just my opinion though.
lipstick

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2015, 06:04:53 AM »

So they get rid of us then block us on all social media (painted black?).  :)o you think they still stalk you?  I don't want to block back because I think it's immature and shows I cared but I also don't want them seeing my stuff.

Hi healingslowly12,

My BPDex blocked me back in December of 2014. Why? Because I wouldn't accept a "Friend Request" from him. This after being dumped by him without explanation and being given the Silent Treatment for over a year prior to the "request". So I was blocked for being a meanie and "rejecting" him. Like I was the bad guy here.

However, there is no doubt in my mind that he still checks up on me from time to time (alternate FB accounts). I now have my FB page set to Private for most of my postings - so there's not much for him to see. I will admit that I occasionally make something public just to get a little payback (since we get zero closure from these people). My public postings are things that I know will get to him - promotions at work, fun outings with friends / significant other, etc... I realize I'm being juvenile in doing this - but to be honest - I don't care.

For a while I was pi$$ed off that he was living this great life (according to his own FB postings) and that there were no repercussions for his actions towards myself and others. That I was forgotten and life was awesome. I found out recently (and thru the wise folks on this forum) that nothing could be further from the truth. My ex is very, very good at "fronting". That is - putting up a facade on FB that his life, marriage, family, etc... are just beyond amazing and everything is perfect!  Well... .it's a lie. My aunt saw the ex about a month ago. She was leaving a store as he was going in. Told me that he looked horrible. Like he was a hundred years old! Kind of hunched over and "hobbling along like an old man" (he has neuropathy in his hands and feet). Also - a mutual friend has since informed me that from what she has seen from him on FB - he is anything but happy. Karma, anyone?

You will stop looking (if you are still doing so) at their social media when you are good and ready. Don't let anyone tell you to "get over it" or "it's time to move on". You will get there at your own pace. It's taken me over two years to get there !  A couple of things that I know now and am okay with - my ex will probably continue to check up on me from time to time as most of them don't like to let go of a "connection" or "attachment". I am obviously not forgotten as I had previously believed - my ex clings to an item that I purchased for him like it's a family heirloom! His life is not "amazing" like he portrays to his FB fans - in fact it pretty much sux!

I've stopped sneaking onto his FB page. It serves no purpose. What he posts on there is fake and is meant to boost his false image. I know that my life is far better than his. In every way. And he knows it, too!  That is my closure and my "payback". I'm sure your ex checks up on you. Probably a lot more often that you think. But they would rather die than let you know this. There seems to be this need to appear like they don't care. A defense mechanism. But mine hasn't let go in almost three years (will hit that milestone at the beginning of October).

Let them stalk your FB page. Let them wallow in what they ruined. That sounds harsh - but whatever. Take care of you!  
zundertowz
Formerly thirdeye

Relationship status: Broken up

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2015, 07:45:55 AM »

I think my ex gets so obsessed in her honeymoon phases that she doesn't even think about me at this time... .when we broke up we both blocked each other I believe, I blocked her just to make me think a few seconds rather than impulsively click on her profile or contact her in anyway.  It worked I have not contacted her once.  Recently I unblocked her because I no longer have any urges and believe if she did contact me it wouldn't be a trigger... .I do know her sister FB stalks me... we have a few mutual friends and shes always commenting or liking things I do... .she also sent a msg to a mutual friend who tagged me an invite to hang out to watch out for me that i'm bad news... .man her whole family is nuts. LOL
Herodias

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2015, 07:58:46 AM »

I admit I am stalking my stbx husband gf Facebook wall. What drives me crazy is all the love bombing... .She is soo immature and posts everything and I mean everything publically ! I almost wonder if she is BPD! Yesterday she was doing a painting outside while he was sitting next to her emailing me! Telling me how he was thinking about me! I want to tell her so bad but I am not! She painted this picture that looks like it was done by a child and he proceeds to flatter her! Then she posts an article about how to know when the man in your life should be your husband! Just as he is writing me! It's ridiculous!  I wish I could tell him I know this stuff! I would love to know what he really thinks! Even though he tells me he doesn't want a divorce "in case we decide to get back together!". They are going on vacation this week and I am secretly hoping they get sick of each other! She is not his quality of person... .That's why he keeps telling me he misses our lifestyle. I don't want him back the way he is... .I wish he would get help to change and be better, but I do not see it happening. I just keep wondering when the love-bombing will end for her! They have had some fights he says. I can't help but want to see her suffer because she cheated on her husband with mine and lured him away from me when he painted me black! She deserves a life lesson on what you get when you do evil things! Mine called himself an evil devil! He is thinking of me when he is with her though... .I can be somewhat satisfied with that!
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest