Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
September 28, 2024, 07:10:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you interpret the fading-out of my feelings for my BPD BF?  (Read 438 times)
Isa_lala

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: August 05, 2015, 10:25:30 AM »

Hello

It’s been 3 years of weekly up-and-downs, of outrage bursts and all the behaviors usually seen in a person with a BPD.

For the first 2 years or so, it had been unthinkable for me to leave him. For the last few months, I started to consider leaving him and now, for the last few weeks, my feelings for him are slowly fading away.

Have you experienced it before you finally detached from your BPD loved one?

Thank you

Pretty Woman

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

The Greatest Love is the Love You Give Yourself

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 10:39:36 AM »

I went through the same. The first two years insane. This last year I truly felt I was outgrowing her. She had caused so many issues in my life... .affected my relationships with family and friends... .my job, my interests. I truly felt she was living through me. It wasn't that we were complimenting each others lives.

I was afraid of being alone. That is why I didn't pull the trigger. The truth was I was always alone in this relationship.

PW

Lifewriter16

Relationship status: GF/BF only. We never lived together.

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 10:47:18 AM »

Hi Isa_lala,

I found that the more badly my BPDxbf behaved and the more recycles we went through, the more I cut-off from my feelings of love for him. It was like the feelings disappeared and I couldn't even remember what that love had felt like, although I knew that I had felt love for him. However, as soon as we broke up, the love and need for him came back with avengence. I hadn't actually stopped loving him, it was just my way of garnering strength because I knew I was going to have to leave. I've had to address the feelings since the breakup... .and I'm still in that process.

Lifewriter x
Isa_lala

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 10:50:17 AM »

I went through the same. The first two years insane. This last year I truly felt I was outgrowing her. She had caused so many issues in my life... .affected my relationships with family and friends... .my job, my interests. I truly felt she was living through me. It wasn't that we were complimenting each others lives.

I was afraid of being alone. That is why I didn't pull the trigger. The truth was I was always alone in this relationship.

PW

Hello Pretty Woman

Have you left her or are you still with her?
Isa_lala

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 10:52:22 AM »

Hi Isa_lala,

I found that the more badly my BPDxbf behaved and the more recycles we went through, the more I cut-off from my feelings of love for him. It was like the feelings disappeared and I couldn't even remember what that love had felt like, although I knew that I had felt love for him. However, as soon as we broke up, the love and need for him came back with avengence. I hadn't actually stopped loving him, it was just my way of garnering strength because I knew I was going to have to leave. I've had to address the feelings since the breakup... .and I'm still in that process.

Lifewriter x

I feel the same way. So I believe the risks are high to go back with him if I break up because the feelings of love could come back?
rotiroti
formerly neveragainthanks

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 11:04:51 AM »

I have felt exactly the same.

I felt like I was happy and emotionally satisfied. It was certainly exciting and looking back I was confusing intensity with intimacy and love.

I was really sad and lonely when I realized that I wasn't happy when this person was with me. Especially as she was becoming angry, criticizing me, and worst of all giving me the silent treatment. I thought about my future and myself at those moments and knew it wasn't the life i wanted. No one should feel like that in their own home, let alone from someone they love
Isa_lala

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2015, 11:40:48 AM »

It may simply be the logical detachment process... .
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest