Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 29, 2024, 01:41:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Beware of Junk Psychology... Just because it's on the Internet doesn't mean it's true. Not all blogs and online "life coaches" are reliable, accurate, or healthy for you. Remember, there is no oversight, no competency testing, no registration, and no accountability for many sites - it is up to you to qualify the resource. Learn how to navigate this complicated arena...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BPD common characteristic for all of us  (Read 351 times)
Eye438

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: Living apart

« on: August 26, 2015, 09:04:24 AM »

Hi all

Since my break up a month ago after 5 years on a roller coaster I have noticed here for a vast majority that it is the BPD that suddenly breaks it off without closure. That is the most difficult thing to deal with for anyone. The BPD does not bend in these decisions and here we are left suddenly without any explanation other than it is totally about them. I helped her move the rest of her belongings out yesterday and still no answers. Coping skills seem to be the biggest problem I see in my ex. She is also bipolar 1 and I have gone thru severe manic episodes with her and very grandiose behavior during her mania that would last for months only to switch into a severe depression and not get out of bed for months.

That combined with BPD was crazy making and I am actually relieved that she did me that favor of wanting to leave. My sense of relief is overwhelming. I can breath and start to love myself and realize my own codependant tendencies.

I am grateful.

gameover

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 09:22:37 AM »

Cause

I can breath and start to love myself and realize my own codependant tendencies.

Effect

I have noticed here for a vast majority that it is the BPD that suddenly breaks it off without closure.

But it's awesome that you're able to recognize your codependency--that's the most important step to healing.  Really, BPD and Codependency are way more similar than most of us here are comfortable admitting.  The only real difference is that the Codependent identifies fulfilling their need (to be needed) with a single source; the pwBPD, who seems needier, is able to get their need (to be cared for) met by any number of sources.

We can chalk it up to 'morality' or 'loyalty' or 'honor' to bolster up our sense of superiority--but at the end of the day, our ability to introspect and change ourselves is really the only thing that separates us (literally and figuratively) from the pwBPD.
Eye438

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 02:27:06 PM »

Cause

I can breath and start to love myself and realize my own codependant tendencies.

Effect

I have noticed here for a vast majority that it is the BPD that suddenly breaks it off without closure.

But it's awesome that you're able to recognize your codependency--that's the most important step to healing.  Really, BPD and Codependency are way more similar than most of us here are comfortable admitting.  The only real difference is that the Codependent identifies fulfilling their need (to be needed) with a single source; the pwBPD, who seems needier, is able to get their need (to be cared for) met by any number of sources.

We can chalk it up to 'morality' or 'loyalty' or 'honor' to bolster up our sense of superiority--but at the end of the day, our ability to introspect and change ourselves is really the only thing that separates us (literally and figuratively) from the pwBPD.

Cause

Effect

thank you! I can't agree with you more it's hard to see but I am seeing it more and more as I get weird texts here and there that totally validates what I have been feeling for the past year. Getting a real good support system really helps. My sister has been staying with me and I have been busy. Particularly painting fine art. Thanks for your post!

disorderedsociety

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 10:53:41 PM »

Hi all

Since my break up a month ago after 5 years on a roller coaster I have noticed here for a vast majority that it is the BPD that suddenly breaks it off without closure. That is the most difficult thing to deal with for anyone. The BPD does not bend in these decisions and here we are left suddenly without any explanation other than it is totally about them. I helped her move the rest of her belongings out yesterday and still no answers.

Not only no closure, but they have to find a new attachment before anything else. Its priority #1 after you are finally done. Once mine found a new guy she knew would take her, she asked for her stuff back. Her MP3 cable and hair clip. Stupendously cold.
Eye438

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 11:05:35 PM »

Hi all

Since my break up a month ago after 5 years on a roller coaster I have noticed here for a vast majority that it is the BPD that suddenly breaks it off without closure. That is the most difficult thing to deal with for anyone. The BPD does not bend in these decisions and here we are left suddenly without any explanation other than it is totally about them. I helped her move the rest of her belongings out yesterday and still no answers.

Not only no closure, but they have to find a new attachment before anything else. Its #1 after you are finally done. Once mine found a new guy she knew would take her, she asked for her stuff back. Her MP3 cable and hair clip. Stupendously cold.

is it cold or mentally ill.

Eye438

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2015, 11:11:28 PM »

Cause

Effect

yes it's very frightening to think there is a fine line between BPD and codependency the way we mesh is crippling to both parties, I have never in my life have experienced such an unhealthy relationship.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest