Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 25, 2024, 03:28:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Over a year and she finds me, on my birthday  (Read 602 times)
once removed
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2015, 05:23:04 PM »

your therapist told you to "recognize how sick you are" for wanting to be in a relationship with her? if so, thats a pretty invalidating statement.

im sorry that you were told to leave on the staying and undecided boards. generally members are discouraged from "run" messages on those boards. regardless, it sounds like based on what you told them, that was their advice. so youve posted on leaving. the problem is that by the sound of your posts, you appear undecided.

they are different boards for different reasons, with different tones, lessons, advice. the leaving board is for those exiting the relationship, even if reluctantly. at that point, we try to keep the focus mostly on the member and their detachment process. that is why youve been asked the questions you have been asked, some of which have not really been answered. you are effectively trying to make up your mind, based on trying to read hers, when you say everything depends on whether she is signaling she wants to get back together. we dont know the answer to that. it does sound like jumping to conclusions. but the truth is that what really matters here is what you want or dont want and why. you can start to plan accordingly when you examine these sorts of questions. it helps sort things out.

and I think it's gonna be all right; yeah; the worst is over now; the mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball…
Mutt
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2015, 11:28:41 PM »

I'll never forget my therapist calmly saying to me, "spouses of BPD's almost never live a happy life. Recognize how sick you are for even wanting to be in a relationship with her"

Zen,

The impression that I get is that a part of your conversation with your T was maybe about going back to your ex and what the T thought about it and that's your T's feedback. You have feedback from the staying board and the comment that struck a chord with you is that some members feel obligated to stay because of family.

I hear conflicted feelings like there's a part of you that feels like you should go back but another part of you is warning you not to go back because it sounds like you're listening to the advice of your T and the staying board and maybe you have family and friends in the mix too. I'm trying to get this in context. Is there a part of you that wants to go back but your gut is telling you otherwise? It sounds to me like you want a friendly push to go back to her?

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2015, 12:17:26 AM »

I'll never forget my therapist calmly saying to me, "spouses of BPD's almost never live a happy life. Recognize how sick you are for even wanting to be in a relationship with her"

ZW,

This is a harsh statement. My theapist boiled it down to, "you made poor choices."

How did you feel when your therapist told you that?

T.

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest