Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 27, 2024, 03:16:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Beware of Junk Psychology... Just because it's on the Internet doesn't mean it's true. Not all blogs and online "life coaches" are reliable, accurate, or healthy for you. Remember, there is no oversight, no competency testing, no registration, and no accountability for many sites - it is up to you to qualify the resource. Learn how to navigate this complicated arena...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Confused  (Read 330 times)
Penelope35

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: December 11, 2015, 08:44:19 AM »

Being in this forum for a couple of days I can understand that most of you are very familiar with the symptoms of BPD and how it affects a relationship. I am still trying to figure out if BPD is the reason of my ex's behavior and maybe find closure this way since I don't seem to find it in any other way.

Most of the things you talk about in the different forums here seem really familiar but in my case there were no devaluation phases as such. There were clear idealization phases but those were usually followed by him disappearing for different reasons but never because he felt he didn't love me or like me anymore. It was always for reasons that I think had to do with a fear of abandonment and his insecurity to invest in the relationship and be left heartbroken (he had a bad previous experience).

For example he would convince himself that I would leave him at some point because he was shorter than me. Or that I would break up with him because I would get tired of the long distance relationship. Other times he would get so frustrated by his financially struggles and feel like he couldn't offer anything in this relationship. But again, although that was real I feel like it was still an excuse to cover up for his difficulty to invest and be left heartbroken. Every time he disappeared though(3 times in 9 months), he would return and admit his reasons, which never had to do with devaluing me as a person, would apologize for his harsh behavior of ignoring my attempts to reach out to him and would always admit I didn't deserve this kind of behavior. He never went after another girl during this time either. He would however not return any of my calls or messages and would even delete my number, his viber, skype etc which I found harsh, egocentric and extreme. I could never understand how you can do that to someone you love.

I don't know... .Does it still sound like a BPD even though it doesn't exactly fit the picture that most of you describe? Please help me if you can... .
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest