Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 26, 2024, 03:43:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A scene from a movie as a 5-second-summary of a whole r/s  (Read 334 times)
Ex_CB_Partner

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: December 29, 2015, 05:44:18 PM »

I watched a movie two days ago which was meant to be kind of funny on the surface but one that makes you think after you watched it. However, I really enjoyed watching it together with my new partner. I am in a fairly good condition after my final break up with my exgf 1.5 years ago even if I am still thinking about the dynamics (mostly in a really rational and healthy way).

In the midst of the movie a scene showed a father whipping his daughter with a belt really badly. While he did that, he said something like 'see what YOU make me do'.

I was never hit with a belt by my exgf, but in that moment, like out of nowhere, the whole relationship started racing through my head. My new girlfriend even realized it and asked me about it on the next day. How goddamn sad is it when such a terrible scene recalls the memory of a person you had been loving (I know that it wasn´t healthy love but that´s not the point). After a long time I was crying about all that mess again. Nonetheless, I am glad that nobody will ever connect me with such an image... .and you should be too.
jujux15

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 01:32:04 PM »

I watched a movie two days ago which was meant to be kind of funny on the surface but one that makes you think after you watched it. However, I really enjoyed watching it together with my new partner. I am in a fairly good condition after my final break up with my exgf 1.5 years ago even if I am still thinking about the dynamics (mostly in a really rational and healthy way).

In the midst of the movie a scene showed a father whipping his daughter with a belt really badly. While he did that, he said something like 'see what YOU make me do'.

I was never hit with a belt by my exgf, but in that moment, like out of nowhere, the whole relationship started racing through my head. My new girlfriend even realized it and asked me about it on the next day. How goddamn sad is it when such a terrible scene recalls the memory of a person you had been loving (I know that it wasn´t healthy love but that´s not the point). After a long time I was crying about all that mess again. Nonetheless, I am glad that nobody will ever connect me with such an image... .and you should be too.

I can actually relate I remember the first time me and my ex got in a huge fight. At first she apologized and said she'd work on it then a couple days later she told me something along the lines of YOU made me hate myself. So yeah I know what you mean
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest