Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 07:00:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
How to communicate after a contentious divorce... Following a contentious divorce and custody battle, there are often high emotion and tensions between the parents. Research shows that constant and chronic conflict between the parents negatively impacts the children. The children sense their parents anxiety in their voice, their body language and their parents behavior. Here are some suggestions from Dean Stacer on how to avoid conflict.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: can anyone help?  (Read 412 times)
lotus74

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married 5 years

« on: January 11, 2016, 11:02:33 AM »

I had a huge fight with my uBPDh yesterday.  he is currently at work.  we just got off the phone.  I was submissive and validating.  does anyone know if there is a hotline I can call to talk to someone?  I am a total wreck.  I am scared to stay and scared to leave.  I need to make a decision before he gets off work in 4 1/2 hours.  I don't know if I can deal with anymore mental/verbal abuse.  I am the devil and an evil person out to destroy him.  I can't love him enough.  I am so manipulated that I feel I can't make any rational decisions right now. 

babyducks

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 11:14:25 AM »

Hi lotus74,

we can help.   I am a little concerned about the time frame of 4 and 1/2 hours.   Is there something pushing you to make a decision that soon?  Are you afraid to be in the house when he comes home from work?

'ducks

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us.
sweetheart

Relationship status: Married, together 11 years. Not living together since June 2017, but still in a relationship.

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 11:19:33 AM »

Hi lotus

Sounds really rough for you right now.  

I live in the UK, but we have Crisis numbers that are available through either our family doctor or community mental health team. Your local community health facility where you are will be able to signpost you best. Phone them.

Do you have family or friends who live nearby for support if you are feeling that you don't want to be around your h at the moment. Is there somewhere else you can stay for awhile?

I can relate to feeling overwhelmed and unable to cope with always being blamed, criticised and on the end of constant verbal abuse. That's what brought me to this forum. It's a very hard place to be. It hurts and can leave you feeling confused, scared and in a place you can't see your way out from.

This forum, the support available here, the shared experience from other members can really help. It can help you find your way through what you are experiencing with your h. So stay with us, keep posting letting us know how you are and what support you can access ok ?

lotus74

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 11:26:36 AM »

he has put his hands on me once before.  he seems calm right now, but I know how it goes when he comes home... .pushing me to grovel and tell him all the ways that I have wronged him and what a terrible person I am.  nothing is right in any conversation.  I can't validate enough, I can't empathize enough, I can't be calm and rational enough... .then i'm just being robotic.  right now he is texting me from work saying "i love you a-hole".  he wants me to tell him why he's with me... .what makes me good for him.  I fear the conversation and that I will not be able to say the right things.  I fear escalating things again, but I fear leaving will escalate things too... .i'm in a double bind.  he just texted me "i want to be happy please get your sh#t together".  I fear what he might do if I left.  we just bought a house in august and I am sole carrier on the mortgage.  he has threatened to burn the house down and I would be left with a mortgage and no house.  I just don't know what to do.

lotus74

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 11:29:36 AM »

thanks sweetheart

I actually chatted online with a crisis hotline a little while ago.  all they could say was stay safe and they validated that my feelings mattered. 
lotus74

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 11:31:52 AM »

he has successfully isolated me from any friends/family.  I have no one.  I would have to leave and stay in a hotel
babyducks

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2016, 11:40:14 AM »

Lotus it's a very good thing that you are reaching out for help.   It's a brave thing to do.   Safety is, of course the number one priority.   Having a safety plan is like having insurance.  I had one for when things were very difficult in my relationship.   It was easier to know exactly where phone numbers and credit cards and spare keys were, (hidden in the trunk of my car) and never have to use them, then to try and figure it out in a moment of panic.

I am going to include a link for you to look at when you are ready.  Go ahead and scroll through it for the parts that relate to what you need.

Safety First

It's understandable that you feel overwhelmed and confused.   We will get you a phone number to call shortly.

'ducks

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us.
sweetheart

Relationship status: Married, together 11 years. Not living together since June 2017, but still in a relationship.

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2016, 11:43:10 AM »

Hi lotus,

Your safety is the priority here, how you feel and how you are treated.

So doing what you need to help you feel safe both physically and emotionally is the right thing to do. Staying in a hotel sounds like a good solid idea.

Is it just you at home or are there children ?

What is the possibility of going to hotel, could you plan for this?

Do you have a car, money, some clothes to hand just in case?

Do you have your own mobile phone ? If necessary you can call the police, Calling the police if you are scared will also help you access crisis support.

lotus74

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2016, 11:52:28 AM »

Thanks ducks.   I appreciate it
lotus74

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2016, 12:05:41 PM »

I have a car, phone,and money.  I am just fearful of what he might do if he comes home and I'm not here.  I will pack an emergency bag and put it in the car.  I'm just so confused and want to do the right thing. My daughter is with her dad for the next few days so I know that she is safe.    My gut says leave, I'm just so manipulated and can't think clearly.  I'm so confused.  I don't want to make things worse.  I ha e threatened to leave before and it made things worse.
babyducks

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2016, 12:11:21 PM »

It is very hard to think clearly when events have you feeling fearful.  None of us can do that.   Go ahead and call the number I sent you.   It is helpful to talk to a live person, even anonymously.   We will be here for you.

Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2016, 12:15:15 PM »

I have a car, phone,and money.  I am just fearful of what he might do if he comes home and I'm not here.  I will pack an emergency bag and put it in the car.  I'm just so confused and want to do the right thing. My daughter is with her dad for the next few days so I know that she is safe.    My gut says leave, I'm just so manipulated and can't think clearly.  I'm so confused.  I don't want to make things worse.  I ha e threatened to leave before and it made things worse.

Hi lotus74,

Packing a "go-bag" is a good thing. The most dangerous time can be after a victim of domestic violence leaves when they come back. Calling a local DV hotline and talking to someone on the phone can help, and the call can be anonymous. They can give you options and resources.

There are things that you can do which can indeed make things worse: for you.

Please understand that his threats of violence (and the abusive texting) are not your fault. He's dysregulating, but he is responsible for his actions.

Some simple questions are hard to answer.  I was thinking yesterday that I'm not sure I know what domestic violence is.  It's come up recently from a few members and I thought it might be helpful to talk about what it is and what it isn't in a general sense... .and what to do.

This was published on one public service site:

MYTH: Domestic violence is a "loss of control."

FACT: Violent behavior is a choice. Perpetrators use it to control their victims. Domestic violence is about batterers using their control, not losing their control.  Their actions are very deliberate.

MYTH: The victim is responsible for the violence because she provokes it.

FACT: No one asks to be abused. And no one deserves to be abused regardless of what they say or do.

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
sweetheart

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2016, 12:18:39 PM »

Lotus I understand your fear and the worry of making things worse.

Like babyducks says Safety First, you have the link, a number and a car, phone and money. Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

Spend some more time talking to someone on the crisis number before your h returns home if you can. Tell them how worried you are. They can help you focus and prioritise in the short-term, particularly as you are finding it difficult to make decisions.

Try not to put yourself in a situation where you are threatening to leave. Keep this to yourself. Your safety is the priority here. Remember if you need to stay somewhere else, it is not necessarily about leaving forever, not unless that is what you decide.

Taking time away if you need to, is about stepping out of an escalating situation in order to protect you.

It's good your daughter is with her dad.

Let us know what is happening ok, we are here 24/7  

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest