Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 01:09:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: a little intro...my home situation part 1  (Read 345 times)
byfaith

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: January 08, 2016, 12:23:34 PM »

My uBPDwife and I have been together for 5 years married 4 years. She was married 5 times previous and I was married 1 time previous (25 years).

My wife told me she was diagnosed with depression years ago but since we have been together no diagnoses that I am aware of. Her depression began when she was 15 years old she is now 54. She is on 2 anti depressants and an anxiety medication. She has been to 3 therapy sessions in the past 2 months. Last session she said she got nothing from it, in her words. My wife stays depressed and on edge because her son has SZ. His condition overshadows her.  Whenever she begins any type of therapy she quits after 2 or 3 visits.

My stepson lives with us he is diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia he is 31 years old. He had a stroke when he was 19. He has limited use of his right arm. He will not do therapy to make things better as far as him arm goes. He will not go to therapy for his mental condition. My wife keeps trying to make things happen for him but he has what he has and he won’t rise above anything.

My D22 just moved in with us back in October. She is going through a divorce. She does not have any “issues” she actually has been a pleasant surprise.  She observes their behaviors but does not mistreat anyone.  When I say she observes behaviors, we don’t discuss them but I know she see’s my wife sitting around doing nothing most of the time playing games on the ipad. My daughter knows me and probably wonders why I put up with this. She see’s the isolation and various other behaviors. My daughter had worked in some group homes and assisted living facilities in the past few years.

My brother in law is in the house right now with us. I don’t think he is staying that long.  He has some sociopath tendencies. A lot of bad history between him and my wife. Things are going ok right now, hope they don’t blow up between them. My wife was always the rescuer of her brother’s bad behavior. She was trying to make her mothers life easier by taking on the responsibility of her brother, she wanted her mothers approval.  There was incest overtones with her brothers growing up just inappropriate behavior for a brother to a sister.

Then myself. I am have been to 5 therapy sessions but they have been spread out . I have talked to my pastor on several occasions. I also confide in a couple of trusted friends. Trying to understand how to get the best use of therapy. I know I have to discuss why I am the way I am. Being with my wife brings out the weakest part of my being. I don’t think she does it on purpose but I think she uses that weakness to her advantage. When I met my wife she came at a weak point in my life before I could get my true thoughts together concerning life after divorce. I met her less than a month after my first wife left. I now feel isolated. I feel empty in the relationship.

Just wanted to layout some of the relationships going in my home I have to deal with. Have not mentioned any external. Just wanted to introduce some of this to the board.

BF

thanks for suggesting this Form Flier

will discuss interactions on another post

Mutt
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 01:58:30 PM »

byfaith,

I'm sorry to hear that. It sounds like there's a lot going on at home and you're isolated. Why is it hard to go to therapy? Are you going to marriage counseling or is it therapy for you?

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest