Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 27, 2024, 10:45:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
VIDEO: "What is parental alienation?" Parental alienation is when a parent allows a child to participate or hear them degrade the other parent. This is not uncommon in divorces and the children often adjust. In severe cases, however, it can be devastating to the child. This video provides a helpful overview.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Separating  (Read 405 times)
Kerry50

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: March 13, 2016, 01:28:32 AM »

Hi

I'm in the process of ending my same sex relationship and we are trying mediation. Had one session so far. We are still living in same house wit our kids. I need support about how to separate, working out arrangements for kids .
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 01:42:17 AM »

I lived in our home for over 4 months until my Ex could move out. I had then D1 and S3. How old are your kids?

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
Kerry50

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2016, 03:05:24 AM »

I lived in our home for over 4 months until my Ex could move out. I had then D1 and S3. How old are your kids?

Hi they are 11 and 9. We both want to stay in the house. She had very serious breakdown and refuses to take medication and believes she is well. There have been lots of deceit and I don't recognise her any more
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2016, 03:21:16 AM »

Are you determined to split, or is there hope here? The lessons on the Improving Board  can help. I used them to help reduce conflict while we were living together.

Whatever the case, t would be good to start documenting everything, in a journal (weekly planners work well). Dates, times, facts. It can be legally admissible later if it comes to that. Do you and the kids feel safe?

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
Kerry50

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2016, 03:30:45 AM »

Are you determined to split, or is there hope here? The lessons on the Improving Board  can help. I used them to help reduce conflict while we were living together.

Whatever the case, t would be good to start documenting everything, in a journal (weekly planners work well). Dates, times, facts. It can be legally admissible later if it comes to that. Do you and the kids feel safe?

There is no hope and I have been using the lessons to get me through to survive living under the same roof for now. There is no threat of physical stuff but it is the walking on egg shells and not knowing when her current 'good mood' will turn into one where I'm questioned and criticised for things. I have just read another other board about divorce etc and seen posts re how mediation may or not work. I feel like in trying to negotiate arrangements for kids I am the one with the responsibility to know if they will be safe or not. Whilst I am living here I can ensure routines followed etc so there is some degree of normality but once we are physically separate I think I will be worried.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest