Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 26, 2024, 10:48:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
VIDEO: "What is parental alienation?" Parental alienation is when a parent allows a child to participate or hear them degrade the other parent. This is not uncommon in divorces and the children often adjust. In severe cases, however, it can be devastating to the child. This video provides a helpful overview.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maturity level of partners, compatability and our role in the end.  (Read 364 times)
Herodias

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: April 19, 2016, 03:07:31 PM »

What if they are with a partner that is like them in maturity level and/or possibly even both being BPD... .? Maybe they understand each other better? Something I keep telling myself that my ex may be with someone like himself.  To watch someone else love-bomb him as much as she does, it truly weird. To see her write on Facebook "he completes me in every way" shows me she is totally immature and acting like him. I on the other hand felt like I was in a lifetime movie where it starts out like a wonderful guy and then turns into some psycho guy that holds knives and guns up to me! How can he have changed... .he can't. He may be protective of her now because she is having his child, but I know as soon as she takes her focus off of him and on to the baby... I am sure it will change. I guess this is about validating myself when he is being made to look like some wonderful sensitive guy to the world and only a few of us know the truth. How do they go out and get other women this way? Is it because they look like such a wonderful guy on Facebook and then he goes off and pretends they are not that happy with the side women? I don't understand how affairs even start?  Now I am just rambling... .Sorry, but everything has resurfaced and I am very upset as we get closer to her having this baby and our divorce. Let me tell you that this is some kind of torture to have to go through and I hope none of you do! I know it happens all the time where married men go off and get a mistress pregnant, but it is awful! Just awful! To have people look at me and think, oh, she is just bitter because he is off and in love with a younger woman... .man that gets me so angry. He is so much more than a guy that left his wife for someone he could truly love... .Maybe this is why I am questioning all of this in the first place. I look like the bad one for not wishing him well and seeing how happy he is... .What do you all think having lived with these kind of people. Are we just bitter and mean? Control freaks who couldn't make our relationships work? I think not! P.S. the only reason I am looking now is because I need evidence in court. I will not look any more after I am divorced. That is my plan anyway for my sanity. My lawyer said we may have to call the gf in as a witness to the adultery! He is going to love that one! Maybe we can call all of the woman in- terrible what I may have to endure soon.
WoundedBibi

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 03:43:13 PM »

Just a few more months Herodias, then you can close at least a chapter of this nightmare and go on to heal more. At least no more fakebook after that. Still plenty to work through. I feel for you 
bunny4523

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 04:03:37 PM »

Hi Herodias,

I am sorry you are going through this.  I understand the hurt and the anger that you are experiencing.  This is going to be easier said then done but you need to stop tearing him down in an effort to feel better about yourself. (sorry i pondered for a better choice of words but no luck). Try to feel better by focusing on the good in you.  It doesn't really matter how he treats her and how their relationship is.  What matters is how you two were together.  YOU do not want that relationship.  There are all kinds of different compatibility issues that work between people and don't. For example, one of my ex's was very controlling and physically abusive.  I am very independent and have a mind of my own and I'm not afraid to use it so that didn't work for me.  

His next wife, she is less assertive and has this unique ability to not react to the things that used to trigger me into defending myself which would start the a** whooping so to speak.  They just work together better.  That doesn't make her better than me as a person or less than me,  just that they are better together than we were.  Maybe I made this view up to make it easier for me to accept but it worked for me.  It takes the blame out of it.  Yes at first, it would bother me that she didn't get mad about the things that I would, like him messing with other women or telling her she can or can't do things.  Then I had to step back and be like, why am I mad?  Because he has moved on and gets to be happy when he was the jerk and here I am the nice one, alone.  It didn't seem fair. But then I realized... .I am happy and his being happy or unhappy really doesn't change anything.    

The other thing is, if your ex is BPD... .this is only temporary.  Like you said, she will start triggering him if she hasn't already.  Alot of people only post the positive things on social media.  She also has her family watching her every move, especially getting pregnant with another woman's husband.  She needs this to work.  Part of her posts might be her trying to convince herself that it is.

It's ok to be upset and angry about what was done to you but please don't get stuck there. You need to realize your value and start taking care of you.  Being in this type of relationship tears down your confidence and self esteem.  You've got to focus on building that back up. That for sure will make you feel better and that is something that you can control.  :)on't let his day to day drama determine how your day is going to go.  :)on't give him that power anymore... .

This is a hard time that you are going through... .I remember being all over the place during my divorce custody battle.  We lose our balance. I hope you find your happy place again and soon.  Go enjoy your life... .stay strong.  Focus on showing everyone around you what a strong, loving person you are.  Let him hang himself. wink wink

5tarla

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 04:17:50 PM »

What if they are with a partner that is like them in maturity level and/or possibly even both being BPD... .? Maybe they understand each other better? Something I keep telling myself that my ex may be with someone like himself.  To watch someone else love-bomb him as much as she does, it truly weird. To see her write on Facebook "he completes me in every way" shows me she is totally immature and acting like him. I on the other hand felt like I was in a lifetime movie where it starts out like a wonderful guy and then turns into some psycho guy that holds knives and guns up to me! How can he have changed... .he can't. He may be protective of her now because she is having his child, but I know as soon as she takes her focus off of him and on to the baby... I am sure it will change. I guess this is about validating myself when he is being made to look like some wonderful sensitive guy to the world and only a few of us know the truth. How do they go out and get other women this way? Is it because they look like such a wonderful guy on Facebook and then he goes off and pretends they are not that happy with the side women? I don't understand how affairs even start?  Now I am just rambling... .Sorry, but everything has resurfaced and I am very upset as we get closer to her having this baby and our divorce. Let me tell you that this is some kind of torture to have to go through and I hope none of you do! I know it happens all the time where married men go off and get a mistress pregnant, but it is awful! Just awful! To have people look at me and think, oh, she is just bitter because he is off and in love with a younger woman... .man that gets me so angry. He is so much more than a guy that left his wife for someone he could truly love... .Maybe this is why I am questioning all of this in the first place. I look like the bad one for not wishing him well and seeing how happy he is... .What do you all think having lived with these kind of people. Are we just bitter and mean? Control freaks who couldn't make our relationships work? I think not! P.S. the only reason I am looking now is because I need evidence in court. I will not look any more after I am divorced. That is my plan anyway for my sanity. My lawyer said we may have to call the gf in as a witness to the adultery! He is going to love that one! Maybe we can call all of the woman in- terrible what I may have to endure soon.

God... .What a nightmare that must be for you. :/ Reading stories like this truly lets me see how much easier I had it with some of your BPD exes and that I dodged a bullet. I know you already know this, but I'm going to say it, because maybe you need to hear it again: People with BPD Idealize and devalue those closest to them and they are so inconsistent. You know what being in a relationship with him is like. That's not going to change just because he has someone new. They will be in that honeymood period for x amount of time, but at the end of the day he still has BPD. He still has the core trauma and they are never truly happy. Sure, it may make us sound bitter, but it's true. Remember all the craziness you endured and how he treated you. That's who he is. It's the same game with a different player. No human can give them what they truly need because they need someone is perfect. Nobody is perfect. :/ Even if they stay together for the rest of their lives, doesn't mean it's all sunshine and roses.
vortex of confusion

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 08:17:30 PM »

What if they are with a partner that is like them in maturity level and/or possibly even both being BPD... .? Maybe they understand each other better?

I have read that people tend to gravitate towards people with a similar maturity level. In the early stages of a relationship, there is a lot of superficial, cutesy stuff that happens. As the relationship matures, that stuff slowly subsides. With two healthy people, the relationship matures and intimacy grows.

Excerpt
Something I keep telling myself that my ex may be with someone like himself.  To watch someone else love-bomb him as much as she does, it truly weird. To see her write on Facebook "he completes me in every way" shows me she is totally immature and acting like him.

Maybe that is why they get along so well! They both give each other that boost. 

Excerpt
He may be protective of her now because she is having his child, but I know as soon as she takes her focus off of him and on to the baby... I am sure it will change. I guess this is about validating myself when he is being made to look like some wonderful sensitive guy to the world and only a few of us know the truth.

He is protective of her now because she doesn't see through his facade. He isn't protecting her as much as he is protecting the fantasy and the illusion.

Excerpt
How do they go out and get other women this way? Is it because they look like such a wonderful guy on Facebook and then he goes off and pretends they are not that happy with the side women?

It is rather easy for a guy to go out and sell a woman a sob story. My stbx would tell women a bunch of lies. I never understood why he had to tell them lies. He and I had agreed to try an open relationship for a while. Instead of telling the truth, he would tell these women all sorts of things about me that weren't even true. He would ask them about their day but wouldn't ask me. He would encourage them to do things for themselves while raising a fuss if I tried to do anything that involved leaving the house. I read some of the crap he told some of those women. From an objective standpoint, if some guy had told me the things that he was telling them, I would have felt sorry for him too. The part that he wasn't telling them was that the crap he was feeding them was based on a distorted view of reality. He was telling them I didn't have sex with him any more. I wasn't doing it any less either. He couldn't remember when it last happened so to him it had been forever. He would tell them all kinds of stuff that was based on his distorted notion where he was stating his feelings as though they were facts.

Excerpt
To have people look at me and think, oh, she is just bitter because he is off and in love with a younger woman... .man that gets me so angry. He is so much more than a guy that left his wife for someone he could truly love... .Maybe this is why I am questioning all of this in the first place. I look like the bad one for not wishing him well and seeing how happy he is... .What do you all think having lived with these kind of people. Are we just bitter and mean? Control freaks who couldn't make our relationships work? I think not! P.S. the only reason I am looking now is because I need evidence in court. I will not look any more after I am divorced. That is my plan anyway for my sanity. My lawyer said we may have to call the gf in as a witness to the adultery! He is going to love that one! Maybe we can call all of the woman in- terrible what I may have to endure soon.

How do you know that is what people are saying about you? How do you know that people are thinking that you are just bitter because he is off with a younger woman?

I completely understand these feelings. I feel like his mom and other people that are close to him are judging me. From the outside, it looks like I kicked him and am dating another man. I don't hide what I am doing. People don't know that he has several women "friends". They don't know that he met those friends through online dating sites and other not so wonderful ways.

I don't think it is meanness or bitterness as much as it is extremely hurt. I feel like my stbx assaulted the very core of who I am. Sexual betrayal can be very confusing and cause so many mixed feelings and so much friggin' hurt. If he has a girlfriend and a long list of other women, then maybe he is a sex addict or something.

People that know me know that the picture he is presenting is complete crap. I have to comfort myself with that. Sure, things may look one way to an outsider. That is not how things really are. It is really difficult to navigate things when you are not putting on a show. You are letting out your anger and bitterness while he is putting on a show. I am not going to put on a show yet at the same time I do get very frustrated and angry because he is acting like the concerned husband/father when it is convenient yet he was willing to blow off his kids to meet up with some other chick. Nobody knows those little details. I tried to tell his mom about some of this stuff one time and I was told, "Oh, he would never do that. I think you are mistaken." Um, he did do it. He puts on such a good boy act some days that it makes me want to scream.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest