Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 27, 2024, 05:31:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Near or in break-up mode?
What Does it Take to Be in a Relationship
Is Your Relationship Breaking Down?
Escaping Conflict and the Karpman Drama Triangle
Emotional Blackmail: Fear, Obligation and Guilt (FOG)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just realized my Ex has BPD  (Read 383 times)
jmorris2076

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: May 30, 2016, 01:27:01 PM »

I was dating this girl for a few months and in the beginning it seemed very wonderful we met on the train happened to get off the same stop then exchanged numbers that night. We went out on a couple of dates and she mentioned to me how she was being abused in the past by her father and in other relationships she then began to call me her savior and that I was different from other guys also she mentioned she was  hesitant to be with me because she said she came with baggage(WISH I LISTENED). I then felt great being with her she spent a lot of time at my house we slept with each other numerous times I thought I actually found the one I should be with due to her great conversation and her extended need to listen to what I had to say. After 2 months pass and I am feeling really great I noticed how she started acting she began picking arguments with me out of no where for no particular reason at all it seems and it was always my fault. i went from being the best person in the world to the worst person in the world. This off and on arguments went on for about a month and a half until I finally decided to let it go. She called me back recently with an intention of getting back together she was indeed upset and felt that there is something wrong with her that she could not explain as I started to read an article on BPD I realized that she most likely has it and now I do indeed miss her but am not sure how to even approach her. I am also even wondering if any of her feelings for me was actually genuine or was it all just a game.
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Leonis

Relationship status: Separated

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 05:04:04 PM »

I was dating this girl for a few months and in the beginning it seemed very wonderful we met on the train happened to get off the same stop then exchanged numbers that night. We went out on a couple of dates and she mentioned to me how she was being abused in the past by her father and in other relationships she then began to call me her savior and that I was different from other guys also she mentioned she was  hesitant to be with me because she said she came with baggage(WISH I LISTENED). I then felt great being with her she spent a lot of time at my house we slept with each other numerous times I thought I actually found the one I should be with due to her great conversation and her extended need to listen to what I had to say. After 2 months pass and I am feeling really great I noticed how she started acting she began picking arguments with me out of no where for no particular reason at all it seems and it was always my fault. i went from being the best person in the world to the worst person in the world. This off and on arguments went on for about a month and a half until I finally decided to let it go. She called me back recently with an intention of getting back together she was indeed upset and felt that there is something wrong with her that she could not explain as I started to read an article on BPD I realized that she most likely has it and now I do indeed miss her but am not sure how to even approach her. I am also even wondering if any of her feelings for me was actually genuine or was it all just a game.

Hello and welcome!

I highlighted some things that echoed my own, and probably many others, experiences.

I was actually in this sort of dilemma last year when my ex broke up with me in May. This was about 5 months into us dating. I did maintain contact and hung out with her and we eventually reconciled in mid-July. Things were good again until early August when she slipped into her emotional tantrum again, but was quickly rectified when she helped me move to another (the same city as her) city.

I took everything cautiously until she brought up the topic of marriage in October. We were eventually engaged this past February. Again, things starting to look shaky in mid April. The same argument about how she can't do relationships. The same old rhetoric about how my apparently negative attributes were the deal breakers, etc. And here we are, things finally resolved two weeks ago (maybe).

In short, these people's feelings are genuine. They genuinely love you when they do. They also genuinely despise you when something triggers them. Facts don't matter because their perception, their feelings, make up their decision process when it comes to relationships.

Knowing this, do you wish to continue to pursue her? If so, better read up on how to deal with her.
Fr4nz

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 05:43:37 PM »

I was dating this girl for a few months and in the beginning it seemed very wonderful we met on the train happened to get off the same stop then exchanged numbers that night. We went out on a couple of dates and she mentioned to me how she was being abused in the past by her father and in other relationships she then began to call me her savior and that I was different from other guys also she mentioned she was  hesitant to be with me because she said she came with baggage(WISH I LISTENED). I then felt great being with her she spent a lot of time at my house we slept with each other numerous times I thought I actually found the one I should be with due to her great conversation and her extended need to listen to what I had to say. After 2 months pass and I am feeling really great I noticed how she started acting she began picking arguments with me out of no where for no particular reason at all it seems and it was always my fault. i went from being the best person in the world to the worst person in the world. This off and on arguments went on for about a month and a half until I finally decided to let it go. She called me back recently with an intention of getting back together she was indeed upset and felt that there is something wrong with her that she could not explain as I started to read an article on BPD I realized that she most likely has it and now I do indeed miss her but am not sure how to even approach her. I am also even wondering if any of her feelings for me was actually genuine or was it all just a game.

We are not professionals, so we cannot diagnose. Said this... ., it seems very clear she exibiths the typical BPD patterns when it comes to relationships.

Indeed, every BPD relationship starts with a huge idealization of the new partner, where they think to have found their "saviour"; however, over time reality inevitably kicks in - obviously we are not perfect - and at some point we are horribly devalued. Very typical (and dysfunctional) for BPDs.

I suggest you to read the material available in this website, it will give you a good piece of knowledge about the disorder (and the underlying dynamics).
foody

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: currently separating

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 05:40:11 AM »

Hi.

Something else about texting, i could be wrong.

my ex was awful in social situations. She camt read people at all. Her mirroring could also ger ridiculous.

So by texting she can be anything she wants. Dosemt have to risk being found out about being false. In tbe past before the lies we'd use each others phones. In hindsight she would be completely different depending on who sje was texting. Completely different personalities. Even to tbe point of totally different interests.

I guess this is her desperately trying to be accepted by being false.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest