Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 27, 2024, 04:04:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
VIDEO: "What is parental alienation?" Parental alienation is when a parent allows a child to participate or hear them degrade the other parent. This is not uncommon in divorces and the children often adjust. In severe cases, however, it can be devastating to the child. This video provides a helpful overview.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I stop my ex from contacting my lawyer and increasing my fees?  (Read 395 times)
Herodias

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: July 08, 2016, 03:50:58 PM »

As much as no contact is a good thing, I am frustrated by mine contacting my lawyer with petty questions. Every time he engages her and she has to contact me, it costs money. How do I get this to stop? I certainly do not want him to contact her after everything is settled. If he wants to ask me some stupid question I would rather he contact me. I do not know how to handle this. He wrote to my lawyer and asked her what my new e-mail address was in order to pay me money he owes me. Now, first of all, my e-mail address never changed as he implied. Secondly, he never needed my e-mail address(he never uses it anyway), only my phone number which he purposely uses to pay me through a particular account that texts messages me at 4 am when he purposely pays me to wake me up. (Remember the trying to not allow you to sleep thing they do?)  So, he is just wasting money asking her this stuff. What am I going to do when this case is over? I don't want him contacting her all of the time and my getting charged in the future... .what do I do?
ForeverDad
Retired Staff

Relationship status: separated 2005 then divorced

You can't reason with the Voice of Unreason...

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 04:21:27 PM »

Can your lawyer respond by letter or email to him, with copy to you, that her client Ms Herodias has instructed her to inform him to contact Ms Herodias directly at ____ or ____ for all issues that do not require lawyer action.  If any such communications are received by the lawyer, they will be forwarded to her client (or ignored/returned?) without lawyer intervention.

If he has his own lawyer then your lawyer should provide your contact information to his lawyer and inform his lawyer that she will reject or ignore all communications from sbEx that either (1) come directly from stbEx or (2) come through stbEx's lawyer that do not require lawyer involvement.

Herodias

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2016, 04:33:01 PM »

Can your lawyer respond by letter or email to him, with copy to you, that her client Ms Herodias has instructed her to inform him to contact Ms Herodias directly at ____ or ____ for all issues that do not require lawyer action.  If any such communications are received by the lawyer, they will be forwarded to her client (or ignored/returned?) without lawyer intervention.

If he has his own lawyer then your lawyer should provide your contact information to his lawyer and inform his lawyer that she will reject or ignore all communications from sbEx that either (1) come directly from stbEx or (2) come through stbEx's lawyer that do not require lawyer involvement.

Thank you... .that sounds like a perfect idea... .I will give it a try.
SES

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 01:13:45 PM »

My ex started to represent herself from Christmas onwards.  As a result she escalated the volume of her correspondence to my lawyer, which has been very costly.  Luckily my lawyer now knows that if her correspondence can be ignored it will be.  She sent my lawyer an email 2 weeks ago threatening to take me to court re access to the kids.  Lawyer only told me about it today as she had been on holiday... .she said why respond... .if ex starts legal proceedings then I'll see her in court.   Lawyer said that she didn't want to respond as it will just flare her up and we won't go anywhere or resolve anything.
SamwizeGamgee

Relationship status: Separated

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 03:17:06 PM »

Good example here of how an abuser gets a great big weapon by using the family court.
Adversarial people love adversity!
I'm sorry this is happening to you.

Live like you mean it.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest