Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 27, 2024, 11:24:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Before you can make things better, you have to stop making them worse... Have you considered that being critical, judgmental, or invalidating toward the other parent, no matter what she or he just did will only make matters worse? Someone has to be do something. This means finding the motivation to stop making things worse, learning how to interrupt your own negative responses, body language, facial expressions, voice tone, and learning how to inhibit your urges to do things that you later realize are contributing to the tensions.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: At the courthouse waiting  (Read 399 times)
JerryRG

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: June 27, 2016, 02:01:04 PM »

I'm a tad nervous and the 2 pieces of cake I had at our AA meeting just now did not help.

I'm here to speak for my son, he's 2 and cannot make these difficult choices for himself. All he wants and needs is a stable home so he can thrive and grow up to be his very best. He deserves nothing less and he will be safe and secure under my care.

I have 3 children already and my experience and good judgement will be both benificial and nessesary in my son's development for many years to come.

I beg the court to grant me full custody until such time as my son's mother can get the help she needs with her many physical difficulties and instability of mood.

I have the text from her from a week ago stating her intention to give our son to DSS, proving she does not or will not be responsible for his constant care.

I speak for my son when I say, give him a stable home, a warm environment and the loving care he needs to grow up healthy, physically, spiritually and emotionally.

Give him to me.

Thank you for hearing me and my voice in this important matter.
Herodias

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 03:26:28 PM »

Good luck... .let us know how it goes. Cake is good : )
JerryRG

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 07:21:45 PM »

Well going into court without a lawyer isn't wise, the judge knew the facts of the case but in order to issue the po he needed witnesses to the events, doctor in the ER, officers who responded. Subpoena them and go back and try again.

The judge was very understanding and kind and we joked a bit about my being unprepared.

I knew going in to not have expectations and this saved me from the grief I normally would have allowed myself to feel. The tools of AA and Alanon and my higher power are amazingly effective and save me a great deal of frustration.

Thanks everyone for your support, nothings changed except my understanding of what I need should I keep perusing the po.

Exgf text after court and tried to make me feel guilty and play the victim card but I've learned I'm not responsible for her feelings or choices.
Thunderstruck

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 08:51:43 PM »

I think that's a positive sign that he didn't throw it out the window right then and there. He thinks your RO has merit and just wants some people/facts to back up your claim.

I know the waiting is frustrating.   Hang in there.

"Rudeness is the weak person's imitation of strength."

"The sun shines and warms and lights us and we have no curiosity to know why this is so. But we ask the reason of all evil, of pain, and hunger, and mosquitos and silly people." -Ralph Waldo Emerson
sanemom

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2016, 10:45:38 PM »

It definitely seems like the judge gets it--just has to follow the rules.  Do you get the same judge next time?
JerryRG

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2016, 06:24:35 AM »

Thank you sanemom

I've appeared before this judge for parental rights, he knows my exgf and her bs and yes he was very patient with me and basically walked me through the steps as to what I needed to do the next time. He could have simply said no just as he did when the defendant wanted to ask questions. That was surprising to me that the judge wouldn't let him speak.

I'm a very blessed man
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest